Epilepsy and Gleambow Racing

Some shops i can’t go in if thay have ledlights blinking

i see one solution but its gonna make the game real lame and thats playing without light efects
if they can make that an option offcoarse so no glow from nothing leds make no lights
and everything is just plain color with no shades kinda thing

1 Like

If there was a on off button something like that would help a lot

1 Like

i can just brainstorm with ya and suggest stuff :smile:
downside would be that it would be complete cheat for others if they can play without darkness
but there always a solution to any problem
and the simpler the solution the better it is

do you have issue with stuff like flickering torches
our is it more with stuff that is stroboscopic

Some how to shout animation off would work

the more you share what cuases issue andf explain stuff here the better dev understand it
yeah if everything doesnt animate that could work and game still be playable
stuff would just be more static

No thay are not in my eyes view and i can use gleam or the light ept that helps a lot

It is just the animation part the lighting dose not hert it is just all the flashing

this site gives some nice tips aswell

Video Games

• Sit at least 2 feet from the screen in a well-lit room.
  • Reduce the brightness of the screen.
  • Do not let children play videogames if they are tired.
  • Take frequent breaks from games and look away from the screen every once in a while. Do not close and open eyes while looking at the screen. Blinking may facilitate seizures in sensitive individuals.
  • Cover one eye while playing. Alternate which eye is covered at regular intervals.
  • Turn the game off if strange or unusual feelings or body jerks develop.

Computer Monitors

• Use a flicker-free monitor (LCD display or flat screen).
  • Use a monitor glare guard.
  • Wear non-glare glasses to reduce glare from the screen.
  • Take frequent breaks from tasks involving the computer.

just keep in mind dont try be guinea pig for this stuff!!!
talk to dokter before using techniques they sugest

I do all that all ready but not seeing good dose not help my eye sit is getting bad do to being a diabetic so i have to sit close to the tv as is

1 Like

i hope this software helps the devs
https://trace.umd.edu/peat
so they can atleast keep an eye out for to much flashing
dont think less flashing at gleambow event will make it less fun for the rest off the people
im not best hunter but if i get my hands on some gleambow goodies i gladly share them with ya
i also hope they do it to help ya and not just if someone else does it before them
there always has to be a first one to do it :wink:

1 Like

Whin i first started to play this great game the portal was bad for me but i found out if u look down using a poltol u do not see the flicking and i can use them just fin but u can not look away when try to kill a mob lol

I like the one that says cover your eyes when playing lol

2 Likes

http://gameaccessibilityguidelines.com/basic/
http://gameaccessibilityguidelines.com/avoid-flickering-images-and-repetitive-patterns/

go complete sensei and play blind lol

1 Like

Lol love it

I never let my epilepsy stop me from nouthing i just take one day at a time i have had epilepsy my hole 51 years and still going on

1 Like

Sorry for anyone having issues. I find the animations very … distracting. I suggest that after gleambow ends, these items be changed to static or have their animation slowed as others suggested

2 Likes

If you are playing on PC… and normal meteors don’t bother you, only gleambow ones do.

You can use this simple mod file (goes in \Boundless\assets\archetypes)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1amiDFnsmMMBiGy9jBrrxTQY39XtWkKf8/view?usp=sharing

It will change the gleambow meteors to appear as normal meteors. Can do it this way this year since the gleambow meteors are the only meteors naturally falling on the gleambow planets… so any meteor you see will be a gleambow even though it will “appear” as a normal meteor.

By no means a perfect fix, but it may allow you to participate some while the event is still active.

5 Likes

I know I am taking this out of context, but I can say this same thing about the Sanctum. I feel slightly nauseated looking at this year’s Gleambow Sanctum, especially the floor, I have to look away to avoid feeling uncomfortable. I wish I could go back to the default Sanctum…

I would like to color my Rainbow glasses Gold, because my character who has them from last year is themed after Geordi LaForge. His visor is static. i’d like a static visor for my GreenRocForge toon.

1 Like