Epilepsy and Gleambow Racing

If you are on PC, i believe there is a way to have your own custom sanctum :slight_smile: (im sure somebody here knows how to do this)

1 Like

I heard something about that. Will the Sanctum stay editied when a new one comes to the live version of this game? Or would I have to switch it to the edited version everytime I go into the sanctum?

Quick video of chasing a gleambow on Boori with this mod applied… ignore my horrible chasing :crazy_face: … just wanted to show what the appearance will look like with the mod in place.

1 Like

Ps4 all the way

Ah, sorry… my mod will be no help if you are on PS4

That is ok thank you for your help

It will look ugly, but turning your contrast on your TV/monitor to the absolute minimum will help, along with reducing brightness.

Would it be preferable to fully disabled all special material animation (so no LED blocks, no slime, no blink / umbris / oort / rift, etc) or to slow the animation down dramatically.

The advantage of dramatically slowing down the animation over disabling it is that LED blocks would still work, but without hopefully triggering any epilepsy issues.

For example, we would animate the special materials 8x slow.

18 Likes

You know, I actually love that you’re actively looking for a way to help a player within your player base. It’s so refreshing!

Any other game would just be like “we advise you don’t play”

Kudos to the wonderstruck team, never fail to amaze! :clap:

6 Likes

I would this (slowing them down). I know we talked about this before with regen bombs. Thank you!

Perhaps, also do some more on the sand storm like effects. When I go to River Towns and run around for a bit the sand storm effect is blinking quite a bit. Doesn’t do anything nasty to me but I remember some people complained about it as well due to epilepsy. I just find that it looks rather annoying.

I remember that a few updates ago it was supposed to be less, and I thought it actually was quite a bit less, but then it seemed to revert back in the following update, not sure why.
Same goes for rain inside buildings and such, the effect of the ‘fog’ was really bad, then it was still there but so much better, then it was back with something in between…

5 Likes

I’ve been playing a game called Chasm recently and the one option in settings under the game submenu is to turn strobe off :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Lets try slowing them down first

2 Likes

I’ll ditto this - a different effect for me though, the sandstorms on Kol occasionally make me kind of motion sick/nauseated for some reason. (Only place I really notice it, probably because I’m there a fair bit collecting beans)

And ditto @illuminawtyness too, you all area awesome!! :slight_smile: :+1:

4 Likes

I’m sorry that this activity in the game is a trigger for you. I think if they can slow the animation speed in steps (2x 4x 8x) that could indeed help. I had epilepsy as a child (grew out of it when I was 12), so I do know where you are coming from. Flashing lights never caused me to have a full seizure but it would make me nauseous and sick. Actually they still do, I hate police lights at night especially due to the flashing of blue and red to be the worse at triggering issues for me.

I doubt color blind mode would fix it, but might make it slightly better (since personally certain colors of flashing lights are worse, like the red and blue I mentioned, but everyone is different with such things). I really hope they can add the animation speed settings, That should absolutely fix it, since you are able to play the game normally so slow changes in light/color are not likely a trigger for you.

2 Likes

So I just was thinking about it, after playing it. The new game “deep rock galactic” has a photosysitivity setting. I think it removes any flashing. Maybe this type of setting would help, if it was in boundless? @james

2 Likes