[Esfan] --[Umbris Tier 7 Exoworld]-- [Inactive]

Oh im so excited :smile:

@GrayFrequency i love your lore snippets on the exos… Never stop posting them! And please expand on some and post! I could read it forever hahah :star: have a gold star

@majorvex amazing shots :heart_eyes: cant wait to explore this place

3 Likes

Nice, and great shots all!! :smiley: I’ll try to jump on for a little bit before work! Yay, Umbris exo! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

… Ok, a few pics! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Omg thank you! :heart::heart_eyes:
On the next one, I may try to lengthen the lore some more :smiley:

3 Likes

How does the umbris look? Are there many mountains or just a few?

Wish umbris planets were super mountainous. Normally seems sparse

I feel like umbris planets should have an above average amount of mountains with deep canyons

Edit: I think that would make more sense with lava close to the core or lower alt. But meh, just a thought

Not too many where I was on, just a little bit in the regions I hit, but it is possible there is more elsewhere. I wasn’t on long, just hit a couple regions. Did get a little Umbris though. :slight_smile:

My favorite Umbris world has been Algar Vace, that one was loaded!

Here is what my Umbris hotspot atlas looked like on Esfan in the first area I hit -

1 Like

There are some strong deposits, but it’s not exactly in mountains. There is some structural stuff like concrete rebar that we’ve seen in the past where there are chunks of rock filled in the holes at various altitudes. I was able to get about 300 umbris and it was clear someone had come and plowed the ‘ripe’ area before I had gotten there.

2 Likes

how deep do I find umbris?

Roughly 200 to 250 alt. I would bring an atlas as the height makes it easy to just shred a section of a mountain. You will be grabbing residual stuff now but there is normally a good amount on the fringes left over.

Edit: also, Umbris can be in ice so don’t exclude that in your mining.

2 Likes

it’s more like how high…

130-220 is “best” but you can find it as low as 100 while still having 30ish blocks above.

3 Likes

I haven’t had much luck below 190 before. I should probably try again though.

Edit: my experience is only after several hours of the planet spawning. So, it is mostly residual umbris.

I like around 130 myself, but there is a very wide spread.

I’ve found there are large umbris chunks as low as 120-125, also. 300 in about 30 minutes this time around.

As you can tell by the other posts, Umbris has a real good range. If You’re not having luck, go up/down by 10 degrees and you’ll probably find a sweet spot or two.

IMO the range has it’s greatest variance in worlds with prefabs like we have on this planet currently. It really forces the player to move around a bit because there are large holes at the end of some of these rock clusters. At least in the area that I was going crazy in.

This is a great bit of trivia. The last Umbris world we had I had a lot in glacier. Ended up having a few stacks oof that darker red glacier as a result.

1 Like

thanks guys! You were right, pretty much everything is taken but was able to get a few ores :smile:

Im guessing that there is no mor petrolim right? Im looking in some hotspots that show up on my atlas but cant se any

Edit:

Found it lol

4 Likes

WRWyfIWXpnoXgK2Pcj

1 Like

yep, lovely place to visit but no darn way could live there…that’s why I luvs to come home to me home planet, soch I…easy on the eyeballs.

4 Likes

Anyone have coordinates for the gleam? I didn’t get to hoard last time the exo with this colour came around.

Been looking too, but can’t see it!

You might have to randomly throw regen bombs. That is how I normally find gleam.

Edit: Be kind and rewind - throw a regen bomb before you leave.

4 Likes