Et tu, Brute?

I wasn’t talking about Karko’s building… o.o

8 Likes

I have no idea what the monetization he is speaking of.

Is he claiming Boundless is some how Pay 2 Win?

He seems to be claiming that he has seen something in the code that shows Boundless will become Pay2Win. Not that it currently is. That’s what I gather. If he would /actually/ respond here and clear up what he’s talking about, we would be less confused.

2 Likes

And hasn’t given the devs a chance to even post anything about it. -Agrees with Simoyd-

1 Like

James is planning on posting soon…

1 Like

Sim, that’s pretty childish to quit a game over when zero information is even released on how such a thing is going to be implemented, what is in it, etc.

One less person creating a river and drowning everyone around them with their drama.

5 Likes

I’m not quitting. microtransactions are awesome. I would like the game to stay alive as long as possible. I hate when devs have one cost up front and then the game dies quick. I didn’t mean to imply I agreed with Karko on this.

2 Likes

Micro-transactions are awesome when they’re only for aesthetic parts of the game. Overwatch and Fortnite makes TONS of money off of PURELY aesthetic things. Boundless could /easily/ go this route, and nobody would have more of an advantage over anyone else because they’re rich in real life.

5 Likes

Sim, no I wasn’t saying you were agreeing with him. I was commenting on if that was the reason for him quitting.

It’s a childish reason to quit a game.

2 Likes

It probably has to do with the people who donated money. We are helping this game to grow bigger and bigger of course the developers reward us for it. When the game is officially released we start with new world’s and if we progress faster than others so be it, we still have to put in alot of time to get to late game.I honestly dont get why people are allowed to dig through code anyways. It is not their property.

1 Like

well, they kinda encourage it… like to test the firewall before it goes live.
or for example I know that some companies actually hire hackers to try and hack their website just to ensure that it can withstand a real outside hack.
same idea

3 Likes

Makes sense! Well, whatever he saw it probably wasn’t that bad. Like honestly, pay2win can’t really be a thing in Boundless. I mean unless pvp is implemented and you can pay for advantages…lol

Slane, PvP will be implemented in the future after launch. With world renting being a thing at that point, I know I’ll be renting a very hostile pvp world that is of the highest possible tier difficulty that I could create with the World Builder.

If they have a cash shop that lets you buy anything for any sort of paid advantage towards gameplay, this game will drain of players very fast and then be burned in a pit with the rest of the games that have done this kind of BS. The devs listen to the player base and interact with us enough to know (or should know) how we would react to something like paid advantages in a cash shop. They’ve done a pretty amazing job creating a product of the quality that we have today. It wasn’t exactly easy for them to get where they are right now.

3 Likes

BUY QUBITS!

Click

200 Qubits - $2.99
1,100 Qubits - $11.99
3,500 Qubits - $32.99
10,000 Qubits - $54.99

Purchase With Qubits!

Click

Miners’ Pack

• 80 Rough Antimatter
  • 80 Rough Rift
  • 360 Rough Amethyst
  • 360 Rough Diamond
  • 360 Rough Emerald
  • 360 Rough Ruby
  • 360 Rough Sapphire
  • 360 Rough Topaz

Skills Pack

• +300 Skill Points
  • +5 Monthly Skill Resets
  • +1 Extra Jump Height (Monthly perk)

Fighters’ Pack

• 50 x2 Damage Upgrade (1 hour)
  • 50 x2 Fire Rate Upgrade (1 hour)
  • Three gem Slingbows, Lances, and bombs of your choice

Flight Pack
You can fly now. Nothing more to say about this, yo.

Yes. Boundless can ABSOLUTELY be Pay2Win if done horribly incorrectly. Just random things I thought of in the span of like… four minutes, but you get the gist of it.

Edit: (This is proving a point that things can go horribly south Pay2Win-wise in ANY sort of game. I believe our developers are intelligent, and want to make a GREAT game. This would destroy that.)

Edit 2: This is ALL from my mind. None of this is real. I want to be EXTREMELY clear on that for anyone who might be worried about that.

6 Likes

Pendragon, everyone would quit the game if that happened with your examples… hahahahah

2 Likes

No pitchforks yet plox!

2 Likes

Sly… there are no pitchforks. I pitched a hypothetical toward Slane saying Pay2win couldn’t be a thing here.

Where was that house? I like the look of that area, I might want to do my next project there.

Of course! Not directed at you. Just in general. People will see that and go, “WHAT OMG IS THAT WHAT THEY ARE REALLY DOING?!?!”

3 Likes