Et tu, Brute?

10 Likes

…please elaborate…

2 Likes

If, for any reason, the developers decide to give players any sort of in-game advantages for spending money on the game (past the backer bonuses, which are one-time things), they will lose a /lot/ of players.

I hope that isn’t something found already being set in place.

2 Likes

Im gonna miss you :c

4 Likes

That still stands…I literally just saw it the other day haha.

not as of like 5 minutes ago

edit: Diamond bombs are a magical thing

4 Likes

You saw what?

I believe he meant he saw karkos building

I wasn’t talking about Karko’s building… o.o

8 Likes

I have no idea what the monetization he is speaking of.

Is he claiming Boundless is some how Pay 2 Win?

He seems to be claiming that he has seen something in the code that shows Boundless will become Pay2Win. Not that it currently is. That’s what I gather. If he would /actually/ respond here and clear up what he’s talking about, we would be less confused.

2 Likes

And hasn’t given the devs a chance to even post anything about it. -Agrees with Simoyd-

1 Like

James is planning on posting soon…

1 Like

Sim, that’s pretty childish to quit a game over when zero information is even released on how such a thing is going to be implemented, what is in it, etc.

One less person creating a river and drowning everyone around them with their drama.

5 Likes

I’m not quitting. microtransactions are awesome. I would like the game to stay alive as long as possible. I hate when devs have one cost up front and then the game dies quick. I didn’t mean to imply I agreed with Karko on this.

2 Likes

Micro-transactions are awesome when they’re only for aesthetic parts of the game. Overwatch and Fortnite makes TONS of money off of PURELY aesthetic things. Boundless could /easily/ go this route, and nobody would have more of an advantage over anyone else because they’re rich in real life.

5 Likes

Sim, no I wasn’t saying you were agreeing with him. I was commenting on if that was the reason for him quitting.

It’s a childish reason to quit a game.

2 Likes

It probably has to do with the people who donated money. We are helping this game to grow bigger and bigger of course the developers reward us for it. When the game is officially released we start with new world’s and if we progress faster than others so be it, we still have to put in alot of time to get to late game.I honestly dont get why people are allowed to dig through code anyways. It is not their property.

1 Like

well, they kinda encourage it… like to test the firewall before it goes live.
or for example I know that some companies actually hire hackers to try and hack their website just to ensure that it can withstand a real outside hack.
same idea

3 Likes