Exo Hunt at Gamma Gemis Dec16 canceled

There are about 5-7 building contests going on right now, depending on how you count them, so I’m not sure about that one. :slight_smile:

I’m pretty sure everyone can agree no one owns any time slots any we are all free to do as we please.

any anything i listed is merely just want i have noticed based on hunt announcement, my intent is first and foremost to assist new players and not to start strife between any groups.

Edit: also if this just causing more issues then it helps ill just take it down and go back to just keeping this info private.

2 Likes

Yeah, don’t be deterred by normal hunts. Exo hunts will always take precedence for me. Any break from standard really.

I was actually psyched for this :weary:

6 Likes

Don’t worry, It’ll be tomorrow at 2020-12-18T02:00:00Z your time. I’ll see you at “The Forgers Avenue” :smiley:.

2 Likes

No don’t take anything down.you do great work. Just the whole topic comes across about like “don’t saw Infront or on my lawn” if that is the right English saying.

Don’t want to start a war or anything… players can do whatever they want and certainly help the community by putting out information that’s helpful.

4 Likes

cJfDR0tduV2UuaJZz2
:+1::v::love_you_gesture:

No everyone can do a hunt but it makes no sense to do 2 at one time because the bigger the group is bigger meteor spawns and you get more and better animal drops and more loot.
If there are two hunts with 15 ppl they trigger lower core meteors but together they would trigger core 6. That’s why you shouldn’t do 2 hunts at one time. And in a big group it’s easier and faster what means more loot and on my opinion more fun hunting together with a big group

Edit: just try to explain :wink:

2 Likes

Can’t wait for the hunt tonight!!! I feel like we don’t get exo planets all the time and that the thought of having a organized meteor hunt on an exo shouldn’t be shut down just because someone else regularly scheduled meteor hunt Is happening at the same time. Especially when your getting more special drops from exo meteors.

2 Likes

So first i think it should be pointed out Dubbanz had to start a new thread because of this discussion has already derailed his original post.

I beg everyone to please stay away from that thread if you are not planning on posting about going on his exo hunt.

sure…

• large groups
  • small groups
  • T3 planets
  • T5 planets
  • T6 planets
  • exo planets
  • planets with lava
  • hunting platforms
  • hunting on the ground running
  • specific players/guilds
  • specific planets
  • specific hunt leaders
  • another player they dont like is coming
  • in a region of the world they have a poor connection too…

Fun is subjective, what is fun to you may not be fun to me, a new player, a young player, a player with kids, etc…

Some times people don’t go to a thing because its boring or stupid in their opinion. Like the snowball meteors, i have zero desire to do and will be happy when they are gone(maybe if the game didn’t require stupid amount of resources to make anything but that’s a discussion for another thread).

5 Likes

After the Devs finish their current release, I plan to start my “suggestion” campaign again with @James to see if we can get some time spent on the Bulletin Board idea I have mentioned in the past. It is built around contracts and other request things but I think a “schedule section” bringing in Hunts and other things would be a real benefit to the game… especially since we will be getting new weapons and a possible mob revamp at some point soon…

Here is the suggestion thread for reference of if people want to add ideas – Contract System

2 Likes

This sounds amazing!! Especially if it allows other players to put requests through here instead of through request baskets. Plus, say a player put up a request. I dunno - willing to pay 50 coins per piece for up to 300 machined iron. Then if another player takes that contract, no one else can take it! Ofcourse, it could be put on a timer to save any griefing. So, the contract would be exclusive to the accepting party for 12 hours before becoming public again or something.

That makes sense though, some places are easier to get to than others, themes vary, etc, same with hunts, a T3 platform hunt is my Valhalla ;D. (when I’m back to my normal living-in-a-game hours, should be soon)

A year ago the snow meteors were frustruatingly deadly to be around if one showed up while I was gathering, I might be a different oortian now tho. I guess there’s no way to know but go get one for myself :smiley:

1 Like

at least the snow meteors arent gleamballs, i feel those are sort of eh because if i have 30 of some blocks and need 200+ its not really like it feels like a win. .it feels like a chore at that point.

heck like when black gleam was going for 5k that wasnt fun for players like me… that was just eh whatever i can get a couple of pieces of gleam i cant do anything with so just dont bother.

Discourse Calendar (and Event) - plugin - Discourse Meta

discourse already has a calendar system that would at least let people post events and have it show up on a page on the forums with out needing a player or 3rd party to create anything.

but the plugin is listed as alpha so :man_shrugging:

certainly an option for people for sure - thanks for sharing… personally I try to stick with in-game features because it keeps the immersion going. I haven’t talked about the bulletin board in 1.5 years with them… probably would be a while anyway because of the current likely release of next 2-3 updates…

I for one am with @xyberviri we need a central place for keeping this info and where people can provide when they plan to do hunts and to help keep hunts from overlapping. I myself have seen this causing some drama in the community and to keep the drama and infighting down this makes sense to do. Because some people can be down right mean with noobs or those that havent ran hunts just making a mistake. This causes people to quit when folks get rude or snippy and it is not fair to someone who simply made a mistake. Let’s face it no one really owns a time like @xyberviri said already and you catch more flys with honey.

Discord is great but not everyone uses it for various reasons and let’s face it with discord there are like 10 different places to put hunt times and they dont all always have all the hunt info. ATM @xyberviri solution is the only place that it seems to be publicly synced and I support this solution out of any other suggestion because let’s face it discord isnt the best because as I said not everyone uses it.

I am working with @xyberviri to put it on a domain to give ease of access to people in the community who dont use google or gmail.

This should alleviate all the animosity over this is my time blahs blahs blah and keep people from getting unnecessarily snarky with people.

Loved the idea from moment one @xyberviri great thinking bro!

2 Likes

that contacts idea sounds pretty cool, and adding the ability to send some sort of expiring message to a schedule section would solve the problem perfectly while providing a in game solution.

I would totally love to see something like that, heck honestly i would love to see some sort of bulletin board that allows me to send message as a precursor to missions.

Maybe let me pin locations to it too and have people copy the location from it.

Youre talking basically the boundless version of this right?

but i think the devs are on the “soon™” schedule so im not going to hold my breath, until then ill maintain a calendar of events i hear about(at least ill try) so that people that arent on the game or forums 24/7 can just look some where and get a list…

also again its important to mention that people shouldn’t cancel events just because someone says they are running another event at a specific time.

No one owns any time slot, if a person continues to bother anyone over “time slots” im pretty sure thats harassment.

ill be working with dragon @DragonTamer on something slightly less soon™

2 Likes

Yes. I saw it as a 2x3 wall piece that was the interface to the global system so you didn’t have to go to another’s board. It would have included contracts, calendar, messages and a bunch of other things.

“Soon” is primarily an issue because of the main focus they have - does it draw more people to the game or fix core existing issues. We aren’t going to get others to quit on game and play this one because of this feature. And I just haven’t proved enough “QOL” or stop people from leaving game because of this feature like I helped around settlement fixes and other things. In time but certainly don’t hold breath… like I said I think the likely upcoming things are much more important. But, I’m not giving up on this because I think the game play it does add or help facilitate for other things - like sports leagues, challenges, etc - is worth it.

If you have any other suggestions or stuff please post on that other thread so we don’t I guess take this too far off topic. lol.

1 Like

This is what i understood too.

I see why this is done but this is not healthyfor the game that 3 Or 4 Guilds run the show… I think that just increases players To abandoning the game.

1 Like