Exo Worlds

I was curious if we ever got an ETA on Exo Worlds. I know they’re next up in the que but I wasn’t sure if anyone heard of any QOL changes before them? Got a lot of IRL stuff coming up and want to make sure I don’t miss out on the Exo planet launch.

Thanks in advance if you have any info on it :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Sounds like we have the Prestige Rebalance as the next QOL update plus I assume bug fixes. Honestly I don’t expect an announcement or testing for Exoplanets. I’m betting the exoplanets will just show up with no warning in the next 2-3 weeks.

1 Like

Very soon, they are currently our next planned update to the game. So hopefully next week if all goes to plan, however they are a deeply complex addition to the game and are busy working away on them right now.

27 Likes

Is that next week for testing or live? Can we expect Umbris at the same time or is that further out?

Both should be out next week. As for Umbris, we will proceduraly spawn worlds so which Special world comes up first in the universe I cant say! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Umbris is one of the new “gem” types, there’ll be 3 in total

• Umbris (previously darkmatter)
  • Blink
  • Rift

I’m assuming they’ll function a bit like current elemental (gem) weapons and monsters, a rock paper scissors kind of thing.

edit: Trying to explain in general what the comment above means if somebody didn’t connect the dots, not directed directly at you.

2 Likes

maybe these exo planets?

planet1

The Metal planet and home of the Titans and other creatures. This planet was encased in metal by a race now gone.

planet2

The Water planet covered in ice and water the explorer that goes to this planet with have to dig deep into the frozen crust to find the rare materials that await

1 Like

I’m hoping for a city themed biome, be it pristine or in ruins I don’t care, I just want to run in to a city planet where that’s the only existing biome :smiley:

3 Likes

I think we may have to build this ourselves when we get rented planets. . it is something that I would really like to try and make

city%201

Talk about a megaproject… that’d be interesting and probably take years to complete even with /give :smiley:

It probably would take years. Maybe if we get blueprints it can be done faster, but would still be a great challenge.

Will just have to gather the right team to get it done. Players that like to build and like to build BIG

I do have a question about Exo planets. I know they will only exist for a period of time, what will happen to a player on the planet when it… explodes. . fades away. . falls into a black hole or however they are going to disappear?

2 Likes

I’m wondering this too - maybe get a “This planet will self destruct in 10… 9…” type message? Like, a very brief warning to get out before it goes or you die?

I think a dramatic death would be cool. . like you see the planet breaking up around you. . . the smoke in the sky makes it impossible to warp out. . the lava flows and you die. .

I might even take the death penalty just to see it

But probably will send you back to sanctum. . boring. .

Edit: they do have to account for players that logged out of the game while on an exo planet

2 Likes

The left portal probably just doesn’t open, and you’ll be forced to warp with the right one, since home warps are now free. Or the left one just opens up to your home beacon maybe?

1 Like

Yeah I can see that you open the left portal to warp home and like you said since it is free it is no cost to the player. And if they want to go someplace else they pay and use the right portal.

I do think the death of an exo planet will probably send a player to Sanctum. It seems the simplest solution.

1 Like

Prepares suitable hype gifs

2 Likes