Exotic earthyam disappear

Hey devs wanted to let you know I’m not the only player experiencing a problem when placing an exotic yam seed into an atlas, sometimes they show up with the first try, others it looks like planet has none, you remove yam seed from atlas then reapply it to the atlas and suddenly the blue glow dots reappear.

The same kind of thing happened to me, I saw several seeds on the Atlas, then I looted 1 or 2 and none were showing anymore on the atlas, I remember seeing more of them farter so I went there and they were actually still there, just not showing on the atlas anymore.

Cause you put exotic yam in there. Not the bulb.

I used the seed or bulb, not the exotic yam

I know the following was posted after you had reported a day earlier, but would it be the same as the video there in the second post?

1 Like

I had the same occurrence as in the video.

Several of us have it seems. I didn’t know there was a bug and gripping about how few there were and seemed to be on only one planet.

I have tried the bulb also and no luck, didn’t try taking it out and trying again, but I don’t have a farm so collected the yams themselves as I ran around. My problem now is the night blindness, at night I have to go to the sanctum of head to a building as I can’t see the critters and get attacked. On level six, not good.

Anyhoo, the devs do know about it and are working on it. Same with the forging problem, dropping levels when you forge, changing the boon after it has shown up, can’t forge until it is fixed.

I don’t know if the patch was meant to fix this but my circa atlas is still bugged for both exotic yam bulbs and raw

Yip, tried an atlas with the exotic earthyam seed about two hours or so ago. Absolutely nothing shows. Tried a Kranut (spelling? Lol been up all night looking for them pesky things) and the map lit up. Put the yam seed back in and nothing. Thanks to Nawty we have some seeds planted, lol. It’s easier finding Oort. I’ve never used an atlas, because even rare stuff is not so rare that it takes a week to find. I did find a plant and got six seeds. The level of joy I felt was shameful. :joy: @cagian. I harvested your exotic yams and got a seed back, added to mine, we have…more. I can’t remember how many now. :thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

so funny they super rare and they disappear in the atlas hahahah

1 Like

Ive crossed 75% of circa and havent found a single bulb… also resources tab still says <0.01%, so it might be that they are all gone?

2 Likes

Someone started to beacon the exotic earthy bulb. It will still show up on atlas. This will make the the search even harder since I think beacon resources should be taken off atlas. I hope this doesn’t cause the planet to stop spawning new exotic earthyam.

That would not surprise me! I think Circ’s the busiest place in the Boundless Universe at the moment. Pillaged. :joy:

The bug still exists my atlas showed 5 spots this morning and within 10 secs went blank

2 Likes

It was working more often than not last night. It did stop working for a bit though. It was fairly easy to confirm as there is a beaconed plant.

Not only are we having to deal with broken atlas’ but now people are putting beacons where they spawn. :roll_eyes:
I got to 2 locations before the blue disappeared and broke on me and both places had a beacon.

Edit: I did laugh when I saw this though. Bravo.

I’m about done with farming. It’s an exercise in pointlessness.

i may be crazy… but i notice this bug happening when i harvest the last of the spine-back-plants on circa… as soon as they are all gone it seems the server just goes “whelp no more spine-backs… no need to stream a heat map for exo yams” and the rest of the hot spots disappear =/

something that helps me is to have 2-3 atlases… one for the bulb, the other for the yam, and an empty one so you can see your saved locations that flags the beaconed ones :rofl: that way you can cycle through them without having to open your inventory ^^

2 Likes