Explaining the Exchange

I’m simply curious overall. Couple questions.

How much have you played and leveled up to have that many plots under this system? o.o That’s insanity, haha. Have you been on most community hunts?

Also, you can only gain cubits by purchasing them or by leveling up, right? And you gain something like 60 cubits per level? How did you gain 600 cubits in 5 minutes to try the other skill set? I might be missing something. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I barely hunt - I’ve been on a few hunts but less than 5% of my time. My hunter is another alt that I didn’t screenshot the plots from either.

Most of my XP is from mining and crafting with about 1000 hours played.

Keep in mind that Oortian is 300% more than base plots so that it accounts for 4168 of those plots (all unused). Even without any bonuses I would have 2084 plots and only use 1997 for everything I have built.

3 Likes

One question how you can gain Cubits now? Please a detailed answer, cause i got lost…

2 Likes

you get them instead of plots upon leveling now - then you spend them on plots or other stuff

1 Like

Yeah - fewer plots if you choose that reward, but then you can forget ever swapping out skills without spending money.

At this point I’d rather just pay a sub and get an enjoyable game than trying to work microtransactions in to support the game. As is they will hobble play experience, especially for new players.

2 Likes

100% no to subscriptions. if that happens, that is the number one reason I will DEFINITELY stop playing or suggesting it to friends.
I would be happy to pay a few bucks for extra plots or not be angry at a neighbour for doing so, unless they surround my build before I can expand to where I want it (nothing against hash town, you didn’t even know I was there @Hashmalash :joy: I woulda just moved anyway if not for the announcement)
my only worry is that we won’t be getting as many plots per level as we have been. plus those plots were awarded every time anyway and now we have to choose between plots and features that we’ve had already? :unamused:

5 Likes

Yeah village grow quite rapidly that time and i didnt know there was someones base there under the ice . i noticed after u put up the big sign :slight_smile: but that was too late :frowning: sorry about that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Out of curiosity - do you mean you’d stop if subs were the only option or if they were an option at all?

There must be a balance that can be struck that keeps most people happy I would think. These changes don’t seem to be that, yet.

1 Like

hehe no worries! no need to apologize :slight_smile:
heh, the sign was barely started for a long time before, then I saw a town appear and was like holy jeez I gotta finish the sign!

@schasm well certainly if it was the only option. but having it as an option would be weird, unless you count the private servers, but that’s pretty much what they are, subscriptions but you have your own private area to play in. I don’t see anything wrong with that

2 Likes

That’s true. Although you’d still be hobbled in the same way by the changes, just in privacy. :slight_smile:

I guess that’s the point though isn’t it - they can’t very well change systems on private worlds because then I get a resource advantage. It’d need to be separate. Hmm. Just looking for ideas on how to roll back some of these balance changes but I’m a different type of systems designer/builder, not a game dev. I’ll just cross my fingers and hope I get to keep enjoying this amazing game without it feeling like work.

3 Likes

Is the non-tradable part just for wearables purchased from the exchange? I’m hoping so, as I’m still fully expecting player crafted wearables to be added to the game in the future.

5 Likes

Good to see the devs are sticking to their guns about this Exchange.

Glad to see things aren’t Pay to Win like certain people got so worked up about. Absolutely love it. :smiley:

2 Likes

I can confirm that you are still getting 1 cleanse point every level.

I wasted all me skill resets on a different alt to see if you still get a free reset every week, but my guess would be yes.

So I think that you only need to buy resets or cleanse points if you want to reskill more often.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. I couldn’t find a way to get one free complete reset but the cleanse points make sense (though they are limited in usefulness).

1 Like

Thank you, devs. This is a great mechanic and avoids the p2w that everyone was worried about, and the need for subscriptions. I know there are people staying saying this is p2w, dont listen to them. Clearly they have no idea what the term means.

edit: Never mind, found the release date post.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t understand why they call it pay to win. If having more skill sets/character equals pay to win, then the game is already pay to win prior to this exchange update. We could all just buy another account and get 3 more characters so that we’ll eventually “do everything ourselves” (but that is a lot of time).

2 Likes

People forget that in P2W games currency is used to replace player skill and competency, not just provide advantages.

This ^. I can’t see any Gems here that Speed up my Leveling, Crafts or give me level ups without doing anything. The only Thing you can do with the Exchange that doesn’t include work, is buying Plots and i don’t see a lvl 1 Char with 1k Plots as “Winner”.

Which leads directly to my Second Problem, how can something be Pay2Win, if the Game has no goal, so you are not able to “win” at all xD.
If the the Exchange has to be put in a Drawer its more a “Pay2Progressfaster” than Pay2Win xD.

And don’t forget the Golden Rule “if Time = Money, its no p2w”

1 Like

how much fiat (real) currency will qubits costs?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.