Explaining the Exchange

Sounds Awesome ^^ can’t wait to have a look!

Will this affect current, “free” skill resets in-game? It’d be a shame if we were limited resets by levelling or cash.

Thanks for the info!

I read this wrong and got all kinds of excited.

Edit: Also - any idea of these two numbers yet?

Cubits earned per level (does it scale with 10-20, 20-30, etc?)
Cubit cost for skill reset / plot(s)

Thanks!

1 Like
         !well I know what I'm doing after work!

I echo @Stretchious 's concern. this could be particularly damaging on starter worlds. the solution is clear though. when a certant percent of plots are taken up on a starter world a new starter world should be created and the old one should no longer be an option to start at until the used plots return to a cirtant level.
it would be cool if when starting a new charicter you had the option to start on a high, medium, or low population planet. … . . but i digress.

4 Likes

I simply love it cant say anything more xD it is so satisfying to open them

1 Like

I found this:

I will try it out, as soon as i get on the test server.

2 Likes

SNAP! The game already does this. It’s part of the new universe structure.

SNAP! This is on the todo list but likely not in 1.0, as we decided starting “near” a friend was more important todo first.

16 Likes

What about selling plots for goods ingame? I mean I could buy land and become a landlord and then rent / sell those plots?

2 Likes

You should call it, “The Grand Exchange”. :^)

2 Likes

Run Ecape xD hehehe

1 Like

How great is the impact of a new world on your servers, currently? How many worlds are feasible to have at once? I think it would be incredible to just have this entire universe of so many different planets, but is that going to be difficult to host? In a perfect Boundless, how many worlds would you want us to have?

Sorry, lots of questions. I’m buzzing with excitement. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I wonder what the conversion rate of rl money to cubits will be.
If it’s 1 cent = 1 cubit. Then boy plots will be expensive.

1 Like

Not if its South African cents :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Touché.

I’m starting a new character on testing and will report the scaling once i made a few levels.

Starting a new character rewards 60 cubits (equals 2 plots, 1 plot = 30 cubits).

Skill reset is 800 cubits.

Cubits are bound to characters, not to accounts.

Edit:
Will enter my cubit findings in this totally not confusing spreadsheet here:

2 Likes

Interesting, thanks! Stupid question: does it only open up on getting a level or can I open it on already levelled characters?

You can open it any time. Its a new option in the Tab-Menu.

Much obliged! :slight_smile:

Does it mean infinite character slots?

How it works?

I quoted a post from @James a few times saying they can support tens of thousands of worlds and the number of worlds “can and will be massive.”

1 Like

@Kirinvar

5 Likes