since we now know there will be locks for certain items (i think basically doors and storages), what do you think of lock cracking as an ability of the exploration profession?
I personally think it would be a nice addition to exploration.
It goes hand in hand with another idea i support -> ability of looting other players beacon content when disappearing by inactivity. (I know this is also no fix part of Boundless, either way it would fit in a group with that kind of abilities)
I know it can be annoying to players, if others could “steal” from them, what this feature definetly is.
- Anyhow I personally would limitate lockcracking to storages.
- Just storages not in a beaconed area (except within disappearing beacons).
- Furthermore there should be a high cooldown on this ability, like a day or something.
- Also I would make this ability available in high levels of the explorationen tree. So someone must have already put a lot of time and effort in his explorer profession, to unlock this skill.
What do you think? Additional ideas / limitations and pros or cons.
- my pro is gameplay diversity
- as explorer you also have somehow the possibility to increase your “goods” receiving. Like a miner probably can speed up his mining or go dual wield