Fallout 4

So in other news i just ordered my Pip Boy Edition of Fallout 4, after waiting for the shop to open for 4 hours

1 Like

Yeah i thought about doing that but i don’t have that much money to waste :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I mean fallout is on my “have to buy”- list but somewhere around E3 I came to the conclusion that I should buy myself a WiiU to enjoy the almost always good games of Nintendo which I can even play with my friends casually^^ Instead of buying a PS4 or XBONE.
So I do not really have the money left to preorder anything over 10 Euros xD

Who’s excited? Who’s playing next week? I’m shamelessly taking two whole days off to play it in a giant duvet den.

8 Likes

A friend of mine offered me to buy the collectors edition from her because she didn’t want it anymore but the game just didn’t catch my interest enough^^

Btw you get a cookie from me because you used the word duvet^^ It has been ages since I heard anyone say/write that.

2 Likes

ääääh, nope … last good Fallout game was Fallout 2, while the inofficial Fallout 3 (Wasteland 2, boooyaka!) is even better … tried both FO3 and NV and just could not get rid of the feeling playing a post appoc Oblivion (the most unsattisfying part of the TES game series). Will not try FO4 before I can buy it as a GOTY with all addons for 10 bugs.

1 Like

By the way: Just found this on twitter. Not that you devs make the same mistake :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: …

3 Likes

I AM SO PUMPED! Managed to preorder at really good price too for PS4 ($59AUD, which is about $40USD and ÂŁ27) and it may even arrive early (They ship on Monday, which means I might get it on Tuesday!) -edit- I just got the shipping notice, so im likely to get it 2 days early now!

Wewwwwww

1 Like

If I got it early I’d burst.

3 Likes

I’m torn between ruining my masters degree and only playing fallout in the evenings, its going to be so hard to turn up for lectures whilst this is on my ps4! Mods might be coming to consoles as well which is making the hype train go even faster!

2 Likes

I would die and would be scared to touch the game incase i accidentally broke the disk, but ben im using 2 of the 5 days between August and December that i can have off so i can stay off college just to no life the hell out the game, (not to mention spend a good 2 hours in character creation making the couple perfect :smiley:

1 Like

Also big shame on me but ive als bought a strat guide so i plan on making some Bobble head location vids, along with game holotapes, etc

MY CHARACTER BUILD

1 Like

Do you guys think its playable without having played the other ones? i highly consider it, but i never played 3 or new vegas, so i fear i might not understand the story.

thoughts?

2 Likes

The story is self-explanitory mostly since it starts you out on the day the bombs fall. There may be loose references throughout Fallout 4 to the previous games, but its story most likely won’t relate to them heavily.

2 Likes

Apparently it’s coming out a day early on Steam, and it’s already pre-loadable.

2 Likes

a common theme with these games like with skyrim is you don’t need to play the previous games as the story doesn’t continue, which is why they probably change the location every time for example, Skyrim is 200 years after oblivion and in a complete different country from oblivion and the other games, like wise with fallout each game gives you a look into a new area, some games may have references to other games, for example supermutants and deathclaws are products of experiments the government did but you find that out in the first fallout only if you read into all the lore and dig deep. that came out 1990’s adn that was around LA, Fallout 3 is following the story of a wanderer who left vault 101 in search for his dad (Washington DC), Fallout: New Vegas is about a courier who gets very unlucky gets shot in the head then saved by a robot (Las Vegas), Fallout 4, a man from pre war who gets put in a eperimental vault which is made for seeing how people react to being cryoed for x amount of years then leaves.

bit lenghty but no you can come on to this brand new, the only things you won’t know is how some things are how they are but really take 10 minutes on a wiki to look at references and you will understand everything

1 Like

It is got it downloaded already :smiley:

as a back up i started on Fallout 3, then went back to the previous 2 and i understand them fine

1 Like