FAQ: Sovereign and Creative World

and you are using Bridge parts right? not normal portals? just making sure.

Edit:

and

2 Likes

I am using the gold ones yes, but haven’t see the “bridge” menu before?

not sure sorry, it should work if its 2x8 and you interact with it like you would any other portal.

I’ll try again in a moment, thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sovereign and Creative Worlds now live!

@DKPuncherello & @Nori to talk about a player’s private worlds, you should go in this thread : Sovereign and Creative Worlds now live!
Otherwise devs/mods will have to split this thread again. This FAQ thread is only to ask questions about the process of making a world. :wink:

1 Like

To the devs, I just wanna say:

Wow.

The list of available biomes for world customization is VERY comprehensive… So many weird new ideas to choose from, so many subtle shades of more conventional settings. If anyone had any misgivings about being able to create a world that was exactly to their specifications, I feel like the biome “menu” will put an end to that.

8 Likes

On the create your world form it asks you the name of your primary character for verification. How is primary character decided? It it the one you play with most or first in your list? I’m wondering if I messed up my submission putting my main character I play with, which is actually third on my list.

When you login…it says the name on the logo splash screen.

I assumed it was the first one on the list, and that worked.

It was interesting though that it asks this for validation … but I’d think that a large number of people would have their first/main character named the same as their account name, since that’d be their online identity? I guess this is only for confirming no typos in the account name, rather than a security check.

It asks for both - your account name and the “primary” character “to validate your user name”

we need your username.

we also ask for the charactername to make it less likely that we accidently give the world to the wrong user; or because you type your username in incorrectly, but because your charactername was correct and we see that its owned by a user with a name “very similar” to the username with a typo we can apply it to the correct user anyways

if both the username/charactername are wrong, we would likely ask you to fill in the form again… or if the username was wrong, and the charactername is owned by someone with a very different username to what you type in and we cant be confident [ these are manual steps on our side ]

8 Likes

This makes a lot of sense, and aligns with my assumptions once I realised it wouldn’t be an " identity verification" step.

Would it be possible to (ab)use this manual process by entering “It’s a surprise gift!” or something in the username field, along with a character or forum name to gift it to? This would allow generous individuals to pass on worlds to those less able to rent them initially, or who would rather someone else do the configuration, without needing to share their (mostly private?) account username.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sovereign and Creative Worlds now live!

Sorry if it is a dumb question or if i use the wrong topic, but i would like to ask if i choose for example 10 biomes, does the rest of the world’s biome generated randomly or it uses only the 10 biome i chose?

2 Likes

see this post for a bit more info

2 Likes

Thank you ! Too much information since yesterday :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So I have been getting conflicting information from peeps here on the forum and in game.

For a survival soverign world, is black gleam off-limits from rng generation or can it/will it eventually come up in the RNG slot machine of color generation? Please don’t dance around this question, devs as my getting a planet is dependent on the response from this one. I want an actual answer, not a maybe or “no artificial limit”, as one post I’ve seen in the past. I want to know if yes or no its apparently “event only”.

This kinda got under a rock… Dunno why it went so high up… But i would like an answer To this if possible

2 Likes

James has answered this question for you once before.

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Sovereign and Creative Worlds now live!