• Houchus I
  • Shedu Tier

T6 USW

• Alcyon
  • Norkyna
3 Likes

Added a new FAQ :point_up:

10 Likes

Ah, interesting. The Portal Seeker map always made me think they were on their own US server.

After being made aware of some crucial informations later than I should’ve, I’m considering taking a new 3km world and letting my 6km world die out.

That will be the opportunity to think some other things differently.

So here’s a question regarding weather.
@majorvex @james @SamF
On my 6km world, among the 33 biomes I took, I also took a handful of icy biomes, and a large majority of forests and grassy-mountains.
Sadly, once online, I noticed it tended to snow often (too much) on the mountains.
These are not much taller than the cliff where I built my Sanctuary on Raxxa.

So I wonder what makes snow happen on a world? Is it because of the icy biomes I took?
I don’t think Raxxa has icy biomes, so I think that might be the reason, but I’d like confirmations.

1 Like

does they in game menu pop up while your playing or only when your in the sanctum? just curious.

How weather generates:

1 Like

Soooooooooo it does come down to the biomes I selected, then.

Wouldn’t it make sense to add in the biome selection a quick indication of which specifics like “wet biome”, “snowy biome” etc?
How am I supposed to guess from the tiny thumbnails which is a ‘wet’ biome?

5 Likes

This kind of thing - getting details on all the options - is a lot of why I’m likely waiting a while before ordering a world.

1 Like

Same. I’m happy to just wait for more colours to unlock and take notes of things that people didn’t like or that caught them out in the initial rush.

I guess this is the perfect time to be exploring other people’s planets, to try and work out if they’ve used any Biomes you’ve not seen before and see how they look ‘in-universe’.

The biggest frustration I think I’ll be having when I come to order mine is finding the Biomes that I like on a peaceful planet. I kind of hope that if the reason for restricting biomes tiers is to prevent people making hard planets with easy to traverse biomes, then they’ll eventually let us pick any higher biome on a lower level planet too, or maybe letting us submit custom biomes (to be vetted) to the Biome library.

3 Likes

I will probably get a different one and let this first one go. Or with the option being offered, transfer ownership to another user.
It has three biome issues, two that I’m disappointed in, and one that seems I got the wrong one.
I asked for salt flats (level 3)
Screenshot (269)
I got sea trench (level 6)
Screenshot (234)

This is on a tier 3, so I thought the highest level biome was a 5?

1 Like

yeah just made a third because I really disliked the second. 50 percent water and very difficult to traverse biomes

I’m tempted to choose “No Rivers” on the next one, so that (I’m guessing) there won’t be water unless the biome includes it.

correct and that’s what just did, I like me first world but I wanted a gleam sphere lol

1 Like

I did pick No Rivers and picked water biomes. Have plenty of water around planet :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had to pick it on the third planet, the second was probably 50 percent water

Hi Guys.

I have now bought a planet and tried to create the biomes in such a way that they can be farmed well! unfortunately nothing came of it …

There is no preview of how the planet will be and so it was more or less lucky to get a planet that is not that bad.

unfortunately my planet is absolute rubbish! I cannot put into words how bad the planet is. Gorges at every corner that lead directly into the lava. You can hardly walk properly …

Did I understand correctly that you can no longer change the biome? I can never reshape the planet again and it will stay like this with the ravines for all time until it is erased?

1 Like

Yes, the biomes cannot be reshaped once the world has been created.

My world is all water, no lava. But I understand the ravines. I have underwater ravines and the ancient temples have ravines underneath.

One thing to keep in mind as well is that it seems to me that certain types of planets are prone to have certain terrain parameters. For example, I think that coal planets often have regions with holes that lead to lava. Even if you didn’t choose a biome with holes.
Another example, on my Toxic T6, I have found some of the tunnels that are so fun for goo on exoworlds. Shedu Tier (also a toxic t6 world) has the same tunnels. I don’t think they depend on the biomes selected. Certain terrain will just exist depending on the type of planet you have, I think.

6 Likes

This is absolute ■■■■. Paid 50 USD. See it as a lesson - sorry. but apart from GC I won’t put anything into this game anymore.

Creating planets with the mini pictures is almost the same as using loot boxes. Gambling: click on something and see what comes out! is it a good or an absolutely dirty planet?

1 Like