FAQ: Sovereign and Creative World

I did pick No Rivers and picked water biomes. Have plenty of water around planet :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had to pick it on the third planet, the second was probably 50 percent water

Hi Guys.

I have now bought a planet and tried to create the biomes in such a way that they can be farmed well! unfortunately nothing came of it …

There is no preview of how the planet will be and so it was more or less lucky to get a planet that is not that bad.

unfortunately my planet is absolute rubbish! I cannot put into words how bad the planet is. Gorges at every corner that lead directly into the lava. You can hardly walk properly …

Did I understand correctly that you can no longer change the biome? I can never reshape the planet again and it will stay like this with the ravines for all time until it is erased?

1 Like

Yes, the biomes cannot be reshaped once the world has been created.

My world is all water, no lava. But I understand the ravines. I have underwater ravines and the ancient temples have ravines underneath.

One thing to keep in mind as well is that it seems to me that certain types of planets are prone to have certain terrain parameters. For example, I think that coal planets often have regions with holes that lead to lava. Even if you didn’t choose a biome with holes.
Another example, on my Toxic T6, I have found some of the tunnels that are so fun for goo on exoworlds. Shedu Tier (also a toxic t6 world) has the same tunnels. I don’t think they depend on the biomes selected. Certain terrain will just exist depending on the type of planet you have, I think.

6 Likes

This is absolute ■■■■. Paid 50 USD. See it as a lesson - sorry. but apart from GC I won’t put anything into this game anymore.

Creating planets with the mini pictures is almost the same as using loot boxes. Gambling: click on something and see what comes out! is it a good or an absolutely dirty planet?

1 Like

I haven’t seen mine yet because it’s one of the “broken” worlds right now, but I was a bit wary of this when I was looking at the biome pics. They’re sooooo small that it’s hard to see some of the features in them - I remember almost choosing a particular biome and then removing it from my list after I squinted at the picture for a few minutes and noticed that the ground was honeycombed with a strange pattern of sinkholes.

It’d probably help players choose and help the devs avoid these kinds of situations if they had fullscreen or nearly fullscreen pictures instead of thumbnails.

2 Likes

On what did you spend 50 on?
And what was so terrible about the results?

Might help if there’s more info otherwise it’s going to be difficult to change things…

2 Likes

What? Do you actually want feedback? That’s insane

1 Like

Three posts over my last one, I have to describe it.

You are welcome to look at the planet.

My friends and I wanted to have a planet in the shape of Beseverona. maybe with a little more ore. It was important for hamsters to be able to farm beans too. So I took a T5 world with a metal aura. plus ice and forest areas (I even clicked on 2 very flat images). I tried to avoid cliffs … but … the result is a horrible one!

the whole planet has holes and cracks that lead lava right inside you! really as good as anywhere … In the forest … On ice … it looks like the planet is about to break. Even in the biome with the many trees (mammoth tree forest), mammoth trees fly halfway in the air and the rest is over a crack.

and 50USD? 3km Planet + 120 Days. And I idiot entered both in hype mode. However, I wasn’t aware that you can’t change the biomes. I thought it was about the size of the planet … nature etc can also change?

I’m sorry. I even had to spend euros on Cubits - as a support back then. But these Lootbox planets are a complete disappointment for me.

1 Like

I know this is a sad post and you are frustrated. The way you described this sounded really cool though haha :slight_smile:

I am sorry you didn’t get what you were expecting though. I think there are definitely improvements they can make the to the interface! With feedback I am sure they will improve the process.

1 Like

Maybe there is an option for rebuild or the ability to go back and select the biomes. I would reach out to James which a calm explanation of what happened. He might allow a redo or something.

3 Likes

I think we really need a detailed explanation of the ramifications of each of the choices. We need to know the flaws that can spawn on the world type, the weather changes, the atmosphere colors… I shouldn’t have to spend hours on each world type to be able to decide what profile I want to pick.

This is the second reason we need the descriptions… These things are awesome to some and frustrating to others. Maybe players need to gather the info, but it would be great if the devs could share better info than we could ever gather.

1 Like

We need something like Code Gleam, a Code Biome. A network that connects an example of every available biome on existing planets.

1 Like

I think this is good, but we also need to understand how adjacent biomes are affecting the ones we are in. I know weather can spread, can other features also spread like mountains or water/lava?

2 Likes

Not sure if this has been asked yet, if I wait to finalize colors will I be able to choose from new colors that get unlocked after me?

Once they are unlocked you can choose them if you haven’t locked in your palette. If you’ve locked in you’ll need to wait for your monthly palette change

5 Likes

Maybe a separate sovereign planet plot pool would be a good compromise. Might not be everything you want but at least you wont have to tear down your old builds to make room for your planets builds.

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Steam