Farm examples

Not according to Mayumi’s great site

https://boundless.mayumi.fi/farming/

My farm in Anvil, Seginikai is quite well optimized for slightly positive seed production + good crop chances where possible. If you’d like to come and visit I’ll take the lock off the underground area.

The loc is (1476, 2036, 69) and the only building is the entrance to the underground farm area.

Everything is highly optimized except I’m lacking sufficient exotic earthyam seeds to experiment with, as well as not having enough bitumin to experiment with in regards to kindling mass. The combustion particle farm is unfinished as I need to farm the combusion particles the hard way to make the +crop compact combustion particles.

All of those ‘ridges’ have lava under them, and all but the gleam farm has chiseled-half-blocks under the lava. All of the water farms have chiseled half blocks of various seed-related or yeild-related blocks under them. The Kranut farm aboveground has chiseled half-blocks alternating between compact iron and amber (solidified primordial oil) - you’ll notice I don’t have enough amber to fully build that section of the farm.

6 Likes

Runegard farms :pick: builder DFlame

9 Likes

Yes I do. One for max crops and a bit more for seeds to compensate the loss of seed with max crops yield.

What is the best glosy and exotic starberries for seeds and crops? What is the best way to set it up? What does air mean?

I think this topic will answer all your questions for starberries Maximum Starberry Nerd Information

4 Likes

Lava is hidden under the 1/2 blocks of ref rock.

4 Likes

This looks realy amazing. Can you tell me, where i can visit it?

1 Like

As promised here’s the LavaLess Fractionfarm :wink: current setup is for sustainable farming with seeding averaging above 100%. It can easily be converted to a seed max farm by completing the diagonal lines of corruption.

BRGR Magic!

2 Likes

This is my exotic earthyam farm. As you can see I’m still building up my supply of seeds, but the farm is steadily growing larger. Even though it looks like I hardly have any plants in the pic, that row is more than 60% full in the pic with 75 plants. It is currently setup to return 103% seeds with a 138% Yield, given the rarity of seeds this is likely where I will keep the farm for the time being at least, but if seeds are no longer in demand I can easily adjust the farm up to 168% yield while still providing a 100% seed return. This is a completely sustainable farm and is currently setup to grow.

This is my Combustion farm, getting close to harvest time. It will return 100% seeds, with an 80% yield, so completely sustainable. A helpful hint for those that are tired of falling into the lava… bevel chisel the side block and place the lava in the chiseled portion, The entire block will then count as lava and it is impossible to fall into the lava or get damaged by it. So you can have visible lava, and still not be harmed by it despite walking across it.

Both farms are setup to handle approximately 1100 plants.

3 Likes

Would I be able to meet you to see your farm for fuel. Ours is set right now for 220/30, would like to make a sustainable one though.

4 Likes

My farm is coming along.
Seed production on one side(corruption lava gleam). Then a mix of both in the middle(lava gleam) and crop on the other side(compact combustion lava gleam).

3 Likes

With this setup, I get either 210% crop yield / 25% seed yield or 220% crop yield / 30% seed yield.
That sounds pretty good to me.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Who knows a lot about farming can things grow In darkness or do they need gleam light and can I grow things completely submerged in water

Usually everything requires either regular light or gleam light to grow. Depends on what you’re growing

1 Like

Ima wanna grow everything but under the whole city under water ima make the farm in darkness and under water with only the middle being breathable

Has to have sunlight or gleamlight, some things will only grow w/ gleamlight (combustion and kindling). Brighter gleamlight= faster growth, darker gleam light extends grow times. There are 3 main setups: Max crop, max seed and maintain. Maintain gives 100% seed recovery.

All my farms are inside where only light source is gleam. Not sure if I used white or that gleam from kada (just woke up can’t remember color name lol). All seems to grow same time as the crops being planted outdoors (excluding kindle and combustion since it has to be always indoors).