Farm examples

So if anyone is willing to post coords or directions to their farms i would love to come and have a look and get my head around some of the layouts!
I’ve not explored any of the farming side of things yet and a little overwhelmed with where to begin!

Screen shots work too if you don’t want to post your location :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think you probably know the place, if you don’t, coords are roughly 2065N -764E Alt 120 on Kol Huroo*. :slight_smile: I haven’t had a lot of time yet to set up the farms, but by all means, come check out what you think of my two farms thus far at my pyramid:

I’ve also set this up, which has a mixed yields setup, in the old part of my base (2055N -1007E Alt 124):

3 Likes

I remember the place :smile: thank you I’ll definitely come and check it out when I get on!!

Since I’m not sure you’ll be able to see in-game yourself, both the starberry and the kranut farms have seed yields varying between 100-105% ish. Produce yields for kranut range from 100-160% and for the starberries, the produce yield is ranging between 170-180%.

2 Likes

Wait, which planet is that?

Which planet? lol

You’re welcome to visit the Exodus over on Seginiakai. We’re the TNT MegaHub for Seg and also have a portal just off the PS Seg hub. The farm is to the west of the build (head out the hub and up 3 flights of stairs to get out)

Currently everything has been optimised for sustainability…

18 Likes

Impressive, I have to come see this farm.

1 Like

Set for 100% seed return, built quick and dirty (as a farm :wink: )

8 Likes

Do gleam lanterns help, or can you just use refined.

Gleam lanterns give better radius for light. I am using gleam lanterns every 4th block to get good times underground.

10 Likes

Yeah, sorry, completely slipped my mind, was sure I’d written it on the first post… :neutral_face: It’s Kol Huroo. (Also edited that post)

Bright color Gleam lanterns are giving most light (using “White” here).
You can also use bright refined gleam, but you need to have it closer to the crops and more dense to get shortest growth time.

With less bright colors or non refined gleam you will not get to the shortest growth times.

(Valid for Kindling, Combustion and the Goo)

Liked how you stuffed that gleam to your organic crops. ^^

Haha thanks, yeah, they didn’t need the sand or ash to be sustainable, so I did some hidden lighting :smiley:

Got motivated and built a guild farm last night for Earthyams and Starberries.

8 Likes

Well here’s my first farm setup to where I’m happy with it. Now it’s time to get silly and start the interior decorating to make it look pretty!

12 Likes

I like the checkerboard gravel alot

1 Like

Thanks yeah I like how it turned out, I think I need to pick some more contrasting shades for the “red farm” now

2 Likes

Does anyone have 2 farms setup for each crop. One for seed production and one for produce.