Farm examples

Just wanted to say I love everybody’s work here, getting some ideas myself from all of this, wanted to say thanks, keep em coming! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Question, have you tried to see if you can cover the lava with a gleam sign thus allowing you to have a walkable platform, or do you need to keep the lava open. I would hate to step into it when harvesting.

Looks like he square chiseled the block and put the gleam in the chiseled portion. Thats what I did for mine and it doesnt hurt you when you stand on it

2 Likes

I covered my lava with glass and had no issues with it changing the yields

2 Likes

Thank you So much for letting me know.

VERY useful and good to know, thanks! :slight_smile: Going to do that for sure then on the next one I build.

I’ll confirm half blocks of Lava do not hurt when you try to stand on them.

2 Likes

I fell in the lava enough in test and certainly did not want to do it in live. .

1 Like

“Ghost of “kal-El… :joy:

2 Likes

Just started making my fuel farm yesterday, so a work in progress / learning experience for sure. I used spark link over my lava to keep from falling in it when moving around.

7 Likes

The lava is sitting inside Marble blocks chiseled once with the square chisel to make a half block wide (and high) channel. Can walk all over this farm all day with no pain at all :smiley:

4 Likes

Think i will have to redo mine and follow your example =)

1 Like

You will only need to replace your lava channels with a chiseled block filled with lava as far as I can see.

I went a less efficient layout, at a guess returning perhaps 80 - 90% of seeds on average, but with yields varying from 100 - 150+%. (these are approximate numbers, not online right now)

Edit: In fact you could even use the corruption as your chiseled block and that will allow you another row of seeds in place of your corruption row.

Here is a quick farm I did, after work one day lol

(I need to rebuild my farming area, because one of my beacons died while I was at work…The rebuild will have more plants of course lol)

6 Likes

come to the united farmers probably 20 farms and they all different
direction
inside ultima world hub take aquatopian empire portal
keep walking and use the aquatopian embassy portal
above you is a big stage in the aquatopian embassy hub and on that stage is a portal to the farming initiative

1 Like

Great idea, thanks!

I came for a look at your farm, impressive!

Was looking for tips on maxing kranut seeds, but looks like you have, as I had, just gone for 100% seed and not bothered with the iron placement?

Is that so, or am I missing something?

1 Like

I need to redo the kranut fields as, somehow the field is actually larger than all the rest when they don’t need to be (I’ll end up doing more oats instead).

I will see if I can optimise the Kranut fields for seed today.

Here’s my combustion fraction farm aboveground with plenty of sunshine, or moonshine.

3 Likes

BRGRtech has just released the newest of our innovations - the almostly™ lavafree combustion fraction farm!

Great for those who want combustion particles but not necessarily the liquid magma look, or just people who are inherently paranoid about slipping into the scorching slushy juice!

Added benefit, it goes 4 wide with full seed return :wink:

Edit- Whoops nevermind. We have now gone Fireless. Pics to follow

4 Likes