Farmed Plants and Mesh Limit

Is there any chance you could either increase the mesh limit for farmed plants? or do some kind of work around? I’ve built a large base and had layers on multiple levels for farms - cleared water, rock etc to have it underground especially for the in-organic plants. Then I started filling it in with plant bedding/soil etc and gleam lighting. Then I planted some seeds……. and it all went horribly wrong due to mesh limit (I did not realise farmed plants were meshes). This kind of means I’ve wasted my time on my build (which I’m kinda peeved about). I’ve searched the forums and saw that other players have had this issue also. It’s kind of a killer, especially with plants taking up 1 square and a normal farm has multiple plants!

the mesh limit is 500 something per every 4 plots i think i have a bunch of crops i have never hit the limit

The plants that are meshes from farming are the combustion plant, you might want to spread them up. Others should not be part of the meshes limits(except the decorative flowers).

Its per chunk might be a bit of hi ho. But might help if you shift your build a little so its divided by more chunks.

I did the same thing lol, was going to make a combustion and kindling tower, had to stop, so now my goo farm is 2 long rows we are talking 64 of each color 2 floors deep. So I don’t run into the mesh problem. I also wish crops didn’t count toward mesh limits.

Goo is not a mesh block, what do you means by 2 step floors , because if they are in the same chunk it doesnt matter. Meshes counts toward chunk and not by plot. So from 0 to 256 altitutes its the same count in the 2x2 plot square for the mesh blocks.

2 plots deep, 64 plots long, 5 plots wide.

1 Like