Farming - where is the xp?

So, I created a new alt for farming however exclusively using him for farming is not viable. There’s 0 xp for harvesting wild seeds, 0 xp for planting seeds, 0 xp for tilling soil, 0 xp for reaping what I sow. Is this an oversight or intended feature?

Are you sure there’s no XP for those things? I can’t get in-game to verify, but I’m a little skeptical.

You should be getting xp for harvesting any crops whether they’re self grown or wild. I know I have been getting xp for both activities.

Do you have capabililities to record a video of harvesting crops, as it might be a bug

You won’t get xp for planting as you could just sit there planting and harvesting non-stop.

Just recently harvested over 200 earthyams, but it’s no longer on my cached video recording. I will record it next time and post, am on PS4 if that is the issue.

I’m on PC and when I’ve been gathering wild crops I haven’t been getting any XP gains either. I haven’t paid attention to farmed crops I’ve harvested, but I will check when I harvest my Kranut.

I can confirm there is 0xp awarded for harvesting planted or wild plants, planting or tilling.

I kinda get planting and harvesting farmed items, but I expected similar xp to regular plant gathering when harvesting wild plants.

2 Likes

Hmm I’m sure there was xp on test… perhaps that’s where I remember getting xp from :thinking:

I’m pretty sure I was getting xp the other day when harvesting wild crops. It was pretty negligible but it was there. Something like 2xp per crop or something.

Didn’t pay attention to the crops I had sown though.

Also on ps4.

I also think that I did get xp from wild crops when update did came live. Could this be some bug with crop hitboxes that was introduced on first live fix?

1 Like

I haven’t seen XP when tilling, or planting, but when harvesting there is XP, just a low amount. PS4 and PC user.

I was getting about 4xp per wild crop the other night with a teaching pie. No one will be power leveling through farming lol

Here is a video captured a few minutes ago showing 0 xp for harvesting my crops. I placed down a piece of refined gleam at the start to show that xp is earned for normal things, however nothing is earned for harvesting crops.

Should this be moved to support to gain the attention of the dev team?

1 Like

I moved it to Support because people are reporting different things. If this is a bug, it definitely needs to be remedied.

1 Like

Ok, thank you. Hopefully we can find out soon enough what is going on with farming and xp.

Absolutely! I didn’t even think about looking at it myself. I’m going to take a look when I play it tomorrow too and try to report what I can see too.

Farming should definitely be worth xp because it’s a time consuming process!

Can you try to harvest without the tiller ? it could be related to that tool, we used to not be able to harvest with it.

It’s the same with a totem also, 0 xp.

I harvest with an axe!

No XP :frowning_face:

Harvesting my Kranut field, got no XP.

This has to be broken, even new farmer crop feats from own farm don’t count when collecting, those did work earlier because I have some numbers on Organic crop feats counted.