Fatal Error 31 mad

I keep trying to run the game and it keeps giving me [Fatal Error 31] I literally just purchased the Deluxe version and this is starting to ■■■■ me off, tried reinstalling and everything, restarting steam also. I am not running steam beta version

That error is that the steam api isn’t running so the game cant communicate with steam at all to authenticate the client, not sure what could cause that… are you running steam in offline mode, or running the game direct from the folder without steam running maybe? @blake

2 Likes

Im not for either question, I tried running steam as ADMIN as well but still no luck

did you download it on your Hard Disk C or on another Hard Disk?

Check Steam is up to date (Steam->Check for Steam Client Updates) and worth trying a reboot if you haven’t already.

Can you share a log?

1 Like

Another thing that has been known to cause issues is antivirus software, either make sure Boundless is whitelisted or maybe try starting Boundless with the AV temporarily disabled to check if that’s causing the problem.

1 Like

I cant find the logs but it was installed on a different hard drive but I moved it through steam to my main disk, still didnt work and I dont have any antivirus right now to stop it from working

Im just going to request a refund since nobody seems to know what they are doing or how to fix it.

I had high hopes for this game and was excited to play it, this just isnt worth my time anymore

Have you ever tried to just restart steam? Or your Computer?.. Had this error once too, exited steam, started it again and started Boundless thru Steam, and that did the trick :slight_smile:

I have tried still doesnt work

If you can share a game log we can try and help
work out what is failing.

1 Like

As I said before there are no game logs, I looked where he said to look and no folder is there

Don’t let one bug with STEAM make you cut off your nose to spite your face. You really will be missing out on a lot.

Try the following;

1. Update Steam, make sure your not running the experimental build.
  2. Re-download and install boundless, may need to repeat this step after disabling your antivirus
  3. Add boundless and steam to your antivirus and firewall exceptions list
  4. Set steam to always run as admin(google how to do this)
  5. Check the game on a different connection, for example try using your phones internet tethered to your computer instead of your wired or other wifi connection. This is to ensure a rougher or other system isn’t causing steam to not be able to authenticate. Maybe go to a friends house.

Trust me, I am not new to troubleshooting internet/programs, I have tried everything listed including disabling all antivirus/windows firewall, also installed a fresh windows install on an old laptop I had around and then downloaded boundless and tried there still no luck. There is no way this is a problem on my end, Ive even called my provider to see if they were blocking it for some reason and they werent

I have never in my 13 years of playing steam games ran into this problem.

It’s a Steam API issue, boundless cant confirm ownership and Steam linkage.

Then I guess it’s going to be a learning curve. I had some issues with a friends MacBook Pro, turns out some of his ports were being blocked by the roughter so I ended up having to pass the ports on the firewall to fix it.

What kind of connection do you use? Maybe try the alternate connection first since it’s quickest.

I tried a DMZ for my desktop along with making sure all steam ports were open way long ago