Fauna spawn conditions

I’m thinking ahead about builds when 1.0 lands (“Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?” :slight_smile: ). So I have a question - I’m not sure about fauna spawn conditions now. When I build it’ll be a little family area and my boy loves farms (and can’t believe anyone would shoot the wildstock!) so I’m thinking about how to place things to ensure spawns.

Has anyone got a good grip on fauna spawning rules? This is what I’m thinking about:

-------------------------
|       building        |
| |                   |p|
| |       wild        |l|
| |                   |o|
| |                   |t|
| |                   |t|
| |                   |e|
| |                   |d|
|       building        |

What I’m hoping is that it will be possible for the wildstock to spawn on the wild area in the middle. I have plotted above an area and put a path down and I know they will spawn in the reserved area below a plotted area, but will they spawn in an entirely contained area on the same altitude level?

I plan to put some half doors around the area as faux fences too if that makes any difference.

1 Like

I’m guessing that’s a side view and the wild part is inside the building, if that is the case:
the top surface of the floor would have to be in the wild (or reserved) plot, then they will spawn.
A good way to encourage this is to plot a very large area around your base or otherwise prevent spawns (islands in the middle of the ocean are PERFECT for this, all the work is done for you lol)
I did this on a small island that was attached to land and once i plotted the peninsula and of course the island, I pretty much had no mob spawns. (until they introduced cave spawning :man_facepalming: )

1 Like

Oops I should’ve said - it’s top down, so we’re looking at the roofs and the pathway from building to building, with an unplotted section in the middle.

I’d not thought of an island, that’s a good idea, I could put the buildings over the liquid and leave the island wild. Hmm, thanks!

1 Like

have tested grappling them in place and see if they stay around?
our better let someone do it thats not you so the animal doesnt have historie with your caracter

I can’t see why they shouldn’t spawn in the middle. But I have not tested. And if I understand correctly the wild area in the middle is reserved, so no one else can plot there.

Yep that seems to work, I was wondering they’d regen on login basically. He’d like to have some there on the occasions they would spawn if it works.

Cheers! I’ve reserved a rectangle and left the middle plot free as a test on current live and will see. Didn’t know about reserving the middle bit, that’d be useful! :slight_smile: