Favorite Programming Language (now with C#)

The language itself is platform independent. The .NET Framework is for Windows only, but nowadays we have .NET Core which runs on Mac, Linux and Windows.

My preference definitely is C# :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I forgot about .Net. I kinda knew I shouldnā€™t make that full statement about porting after not checking latest stuffā€¦ I such an old dinosaur and was speaking historicallyā€¦ which I know better. Lol.

1 Like

This makes me miss Delphiā€¦

sigh

Careful now, youā€™re dating yourself :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha! Yeah, theres that. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I hate dating myself. Iā€™m always 30 minutes late picking myself up, and then I make me wait at least 20 minutes because Iā€™m not ready yet before I can go. Then I insist on ordering the most expensive thing on the menu, followed by deciding I donā€™t like it and asking for something else. Then I insist on splitting the bill instead of paying for all of it like Iā€™m supposed.

4 Likes

And then at the end, youā€™re just not quite sure how you took it all. Hopefully you enjoyed it, but maybe you just did one wrong thing that you just canā€™t handle. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

And do I call me the next day? No. And I spend the entire day glancing at my phone to see if Iā€™ve called yet. Or sent a text, at least.

4 Likes

Im no programmer but this is by far my favourite

Matrix%20code

1 Like

where is Assambler? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ā€¦ and yes, I once tried to programm in Assambler, but that was before I got my first IBM compatible PC ^^

1 Like

Old amiga times :slight_smile:
mlwā€¦

And before that, hex, with tables with all hex commando.

1 Like

my first trys of programming were on an Amiga 500 with Basic and later AMOS. but to be honest I programmed before even when not knowing that I was, but that was only typing some code in an old Schneider PC to look what happens ^^ (Dichromatic Display and Cassette Drive, any questions? ^^)

1 Like

Wait ā€¦ no Delphi in there ??? Iā€™ll have to fix that :slight_smile:

1 Like

i did the same once on my c64 :smiley:
i was so happy to poke some colors in a while looop

2 Likes

Oh ā€¦ they days of the POKE and PEEK on my Commodore 64 ā€¦ The days where you had to know what you were doing or use a trial and error approach. These days a ton of developers get their programming skills from a simple Google search :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Obviously Rust https://www.rust-lang.org/

1 Like

Poke 53281,0 => background is black
53280 is the Adress for the border
I know that two since Iā€™m 10 or something lol

1 Like

I learned a little on the C64, but totally canā€™t remember the exact meaning of the very familiar terms POKE and PEEK. I learned on an Apple & Atari the same time, my heart was with Atari b/c I wanted to use it for music and graphics and publishing at the time, thefirst time I saw a hard drive was like, woa.

yes! somehow i got concentric squares alternating colors so it looked like flying through a squareish tunnel. i miss having a brain :smiley:

1 Like

C# and C++ just depends if I am using Unreal or Unity. I have coded things in LUA but find the language to be cumbersome and resource heavy. If I am doing a desktop App C++