Feather Falls Mob Farm

Hello Fellow Oortians!

The time has come! By popular demand and a reasonable amount of arm-twisting, I’ve opened Feather Falls Mob Farm as much as it can be! You can get here either via TNT or Pharo’s Network!

I’ve spent a lot of time trying to re-secure the area and make for the greatest experience for the community possible! My goal with this building being a new destination for players to come hang out and chat at any hour and take some neat loot home with them!

So here is the true guts of the operation! Super wonderful platforms which will continue to spawn mobs while you take the White Portal back and forth from the collection area to the Hunter Grapple Tower.
The Grey Stone portal will take you to the very top section while there are also doors featured to allow you to slowly drop through the levels, or a big hole in the middle for quick dropping back to the bottom of the Tower. Use your grapples up here to drag all mobs towards the tower and simply let them meet their demise at the bottom gathering point. BEWARE Cuddletrunks don’t fall down so you better bring a great Emerald Slingbow with you to shoot them down!

Finally the newest additions! Wanna get a sweet super sick reclaimable spot out here right next to the farm? please feel free to message me for any spot and i’ll happily give out ones i still have available or there might still end up being room on the outer edges! I’ll happily get you a portal that will link directly back up to the gathering area and make sure you’ve got full access to the farm and ability to store your items in a local beacon.

Thank you again for the hundreds of players I’ve had over the last few years come out time and time again to have some good times here. Sorry I’ve been working on this off and on since 2019 but ya know :sweat_smile:it be like that.

See ya’ll out there <3

-The Christo’s

40 Likes

This Mob farm is absolutely stunning, AND THERES A CITTTYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, Love you both! <3

3 Likes

Eyyy u standing on my tower in that last pic claps happily

3 Likes

1 thing I don’t quite understand.
How exactly is this an ‘AFK farm’ ?

2 Likes

As long as one or two people are grappling at the top, the rest can stand at the bottom with their loot sticks out :wink:

2 Likes

Yeah well that you cannot call a AFK farm really.
That same way I could claim to have a AFK sand farm. As long as I go AFK and other people mine the sand and give it to me… you see where this is going ? LOL

1 Like

I mean I’ve seen it operate with 10+ people actually AFKing, so I guess you could call it “AFK for most farm” if it makes you feel any better :wink:

The difference to a sand farm is that everybody gets their own instanced loot as long as someone is operating it. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

And that to me makes it NON AFK by definition.
Real AFK means nothing has to be done and that 1 person could do it on his own.
This farm will not work with one person and it wont work without 1 person doing the work.
So please lets not call it something it really is not, ok?

1 Like

Well I’m sorry it doesn’t fit your one and only true definition of what an AFK farm must look like. Bit of a black and white world view, don’t you think? I guess we should also not call it farm ether, because it has nothing to do with agriculture :thinking:

But humor me, what would you call a mob farm that is AFK-able for everyone but the one operating it?

5 Likes

A mob farm.

1 Like

But what if I want to highlight the fact that 99 out of 100 people can actually AFK that mob farm? :thinking:

4 Likes

Then you tell the truth and not use false advertising.

1 Like

That’s why I suggested “AFK for most”, which is a factually correct statement you weren’t happy with it ether :laughing:

4 Likes

Ok, wasting my time here. I go play Boundless.

1 Like

hmm… how is it an AFK farm exactly? As I see it, you would spawn the mobs on those platforms, than you would need to agro them, they run after you and hopefully they just jump down and probably die from fall damage, than… to loot you would need to go down, loot and get back up to agro again.

If you can, please make a video with the “AFK” method you have, really curios how you loot from this by sitting in one place.

1 Like

They farm is designed so that there is one or more people at the platforms in the middle who grapple the mobs down to the funnel bellow where they die in lava. The rest of the farms users can in fact just AFK at the bottom. So it’s an AFK farm which needs at least one operator.

But yes, it’s not an AFK farm only one person can use by themselves. If that’s your only, narrow minded, definition for it, then it doesn’t fit that description sadly ^^

There have been events in the past, where lots of people were AFK-ing at the bottom and people would come and randomly operate it… Granted, it’s not the most efficient farm, but then again, just running meteors should be the better method to get drops anyway :wink:

4 Likes

well, than the people that are AFK at the bottom… are not “farming”, the ones at the top actively involved in grappling and shooting are the farmers. You are just agreeing with I say, which is not AFK.
But look, I read the other comments after I wrote mine and I really think I should stop here. :slight_smile:

Congrats to the one that constructed the build, looks like a lot of work and hope it’s worth the trouble he put in.

1 Like

So by that definition an AFK farm is actually impossible, because if you are not doing anything it’s not a farm but an AFK farm is only an AFK farm if you don’t do anything xD

It’s truly fascinating that you guys cannot get over the fact that the word AFK is used for a farm which actually supports people AFK-ing xD

2 Likes

Can you please add directions to your original post… so people know which portals to take.

4 Likes

In the sense, that an automation that sometines needs user intervention is called semi-automatic, could we all just agree on semi-afk?

1 Like