[Feedback] after a few weeks

Your points are similar to a lot of other past and present players. Some of the stuff you mentioned hasn’t necessarily been scrapped but is still in development, im guessing to add more depth to it before it’s released.

For example, clothing is probably in development but may tie in to combat somehow instead of being simply cosmetic. This means it may not be released until combat is improved. (All speculation on my part)

UI upgrades are something that should be released soon based on what I’ve read from devs. Supppsedly there is a search function that will be implemented to help find recipes faster.

Right now I feel like the game is still tweaking the foundation and fixing bugs. Then we may really see it takeoff. Lots of bugs have been fixed and performance has already increased dramatically from a PS4 perspective at least. This dev team seems to work pretty fast depsite their size so some of the things you mentioned may come sooner than we think.

All the points you raise are very valid!

Over the years a lot of what the team are and have been working on has been shown in sneak peeks. I agree that the game feels unfinished and many have commented that release seemed rushed. The devs have always responded with words to the effect of " we’re working on everything, its gonna take time, but all you want and more is coming".

This may be no consolation for someone wanting to enjoy today what boundless will certainly become however.

To your points;

1. Hunters / bashers / rock throwers and TITANS! Yup these aren’t in yet. The hunter is coming, and the AI seems to be the hardest part of the new creatures.

2. Clothing. Yeah characters used to wear sashes, but people complained that there wasnt enough dimorphism to distinguish female characters, i can only assume the stock clothing was changed to help with this distinction.

3. Furniture / “props”. Have a browse through the devlog section of the forums or search for concept art. What we have now is indeed disappointing when you realise what they have coming in the future! Not that this excuses the lack of content; just saying they’ve been working at exactly this for quite a while and the release date cant come soon enough!

4. Interactive/ logic blocks. Yup, we want. Haven’t seen or heard anything official about them being planned sorry.

5. The ui. Especially machine and lists ui…
    They can read our minds.

6. Blocks used to be world specific, but its a pain when all your night azure metamorphic rocks dont stack because they grew up in different neighbourhoods…

7. Plotting and takeovers- devs have mentioned that guilds (or soon after) will bring changes in beacon grouping management that will allow for partial retention of identity even after assimilation. Not sure how / what this means exactly, but worth keeping an eye on.

8. Prestige - yeah thats a woolly mammoth of a topic. To quote Guybrush Threepwood :“I aint touching that, who knows where it’s been?”

I love how you’ve formed a structured opinion in a short while in game, and they are all topics frequently (and fervently) discussed here. I’m not defending dev choices or shooting down your concerns, merely pointing out that almost everything you’ve found for yourself has been mentioned, discussed, and worked on quite a bit with no sign of devs giving up on them. I can’t wait to see whether they succeed in delivering what we all hope they promised us👍

5 Likes

What has happened is what I have been seeing in many games. Companies want the money and don’t want to give devs time to get all the stuff planned into the game. The devs are caught in the rock and hard place problem. they have to release if before it should be so the company who owns the game can get the money they want. They are a business first, second and last.
Add your two cents to the different threads of someone who has played MMO games, of what you think will help. That can help in getting attention to things that players, not companies bigshots, see as important. Their opinions and viewpoints don’t sell games.
Clothes Needed in my opinion. A race of being that can open portals to other worlds but can’t make clothes and armor to protect their people from something as low as a spitter? We should be able to take the hide and make hide armor, when iron we should be able to make some iron armor.
I will be honest and state that I totally despise the setup of prestige for settlements and of how the forced mergers ae allowed. But not being a programmer and having no info on how games are developed and what goes into it, I don’t know how much would need to be changed in the game. But it does need something different than I have a “tower” that is bigger and longer than your tower.
No, having something that is bigger and longer doesn’t mean you are better, just different, so get over yourself is what I think of those type of people.
Anyhow, hopefully, while working on the nice things for Christmas they will also have a group working on changes that are needed to get more players and keep the ones they have.
Crossing my fingers and toes, really enjoying this game, want it to become a top game.

1 Like

While I’m here, I’d like this ask :

This is the part of the trailer (the one mentioned in my first message) that got me to say “holy **** I wanna play this game”.
This looked awesome.
But once in-game, all I can see are portal-seekers hub that pretty much all look the same, and the Ultima Guild thing on Finata.
I’m basically very rarely “woah-ed” by what I see because, like I said, people are chasing Prestige before trying to make pretty things, so it’s always the same stuff.
The settlement I’m associated with was stuck in a ‘Prestige war’ with a bunch of spanish players who wanted to take over us just yesterday, so you can easily guess that I’m not really a fan of the whole Prestige thing either.

Anyway, anybody knows where the build of that screenshot is located? Does it still exist, even? After the time spent in-game, I’m afraid not, but one can hope.

3 Likes

This is a build from early access. All the early access builds were wiped before the game was officially released. But yea this amazing build is part of what brought me in as well. I believe the person that built this took a break when the game released but recently came back. Correct me if I’m wrong but i believe @Nyuudles built that city.

4 Likes

Yup! The build in that trailer was all @Nyuudles! It’s pretty fun to go back and read through his process of making it, too:

2 Likes

Ah good, yea i went back and saw the process and i could never do that on my own lol. I wish they couldve kept that city and all the other builds and bring em back every now and then as some type of event

bear in mind that that build took I think many months to build, many of the great architects from early access may be playing other games since quite a few AAA games have recently been released.

There are some unique styles going up around the universe such as Little Japan and Teotichucan and Stargate Atlantis. They just take a lot of time investment, plots, and like-minded people.

2 Likes

:open_mouth: This is why I wear a soiled diaper everywhere? I saw those sashes in some old screenshots and was like forget pants, give me the sash back!

It’s like an evil genie granted the wish. “Ok you can tell men and women apart…by whether they wear a one piece or two piece diaper! Bwahahaha!” ALAKAZAM

3 Likes

Builds aiming for the same level of wow-ness still exist and/or are being built at this very moment!

Thing is, you dont really want that pixel pac-man right next door to something like this. So these players often intentionally go out to the middle of nowhere to try great things. This makes them hard to come by unless advertised; which often draws people in and you end up with a squatter camp next door anyway :confused:

The alternative is always, start your own wonder of the known worlds!

Little Japan is a beautiful settlement if you want to get back your faith in builders, although less fantastical its still a beautiful themed shared build

2 Likes

I believe Virresss posted a screenshot of a Magica Voxel build he’s planning which looks amazing.

2 Likes

Awesome to see a fresh player’s up-to-date perspective! Great info in there! =D

2 Likes

I agree with much of your post!
I disagree that there aren’t amazing builds to see, they’re just not so easy to find! now that i’ve explored the game for a fair amount of time ive only recently started to uncover some of the more ambitious and amazing builds! I’m actually kind of surprised it took me this long to find them, and perhaps that is a good thing (?) for long term sticking power of the game. However to your point, perhaps these amazing builds need to be somehow more accessible by the masses!

Here is mine on my thoughts on how to improve prestige!

Hehe nooo no I’m not certain of this being the reason at all, I’m merely speculating on why we went from looking like pageant winners to boss baby :blush: I for one enjoy a healthy breeze while out exploring the universe

1 Like

Diapers are all part of the plan. From a roleplay perspective, we all still wear diapers because we’re just a few months old. From a financial perspective, we’ve only had diapers to choose from for so long that we’ll gladly buy any clothing moving forward just to get out of this horrid diaper :rofl:

I don’t know about you, I’m wearing diapers so I can play longer without a break. Oh, you mean the in-game characters. Carry on…

8 Likes

What, other people don’t be doin this…?

Head to little japan

3 Likes

I would really like to know when is the “guild” update coming out, to know if I should still play the game or not.

The thing is, our settlement on Arie just got taken over by a bunch of a-holes
called “$# LOS MANCOS #$” They know very well that we wanted to be left alone, but they still went ahead with their plans to assimilate us without our consent, removing our settlement’s identity in the process, and it looks like there’s NOTHING we can do about it, which is INFURIATING.

The only thing I could think of was putting up huge signs saying things like “we don’t want your near us” at the borders of our claims. If they want to assimilate us, I hope they choke on it.
The other members of my settlement are already removing all their work in order to move to another world. I just do have the motivation to do the same thing, because of how big my structures are, and how long it took me to make the details.

Knowing that Boundless has been in early access for as long as Creativerse and there’s so little blocks variety to play with (and all the other problems mentionned in the original post) is already something that would make we wanna leave, but having all the work I’ve put into RUINED by some a-holes with such ease is just the nail in the coffin for me. If the Guild update doesn’t fix that, I’m gone.
In fact, Hytale will be released this year, so I will definitely go check it out. If I keep playing Boundless or not on the side depends on what the devs do to fix this issue.

if it is right, james said it would be the first full week of Januari ( So i geuss next week)

1 Like