Project Spire

Starting fresh in Omoson. These are only concepts at the moment but I hope I can make it as close to this as possible :grimacing:

original screenshot

concept sketches

More updates coming soon~

27 Likes

That looks amazing. Love the concept work.

4 Likes

THAT CONCEPT ART! Wow… Just Wow…

4 Likes

My eyes is having trouble rendering the beauty :astonished:

1 Like

I’ve almost reached block limit :worried:
The Oort gods don’t want me to pierce the heavens.

2 Likes

@ben do you guys have plans on raising the verical limits? cause now would be a good time xD

I’m not sure that’s something we’ll be able to do. @lucadeltodecso?

1 Like

It’s not off the table, though we’d likely, at least as a first pass, have the generated world output limited to 256 high, and only allow user builds to go higher.

It has performance implications for sun-lighting of course that we’d have to consider.

4 Likes

It’s alright :slight_smile: I can always improvise.

3 Likes

Poor creature couldn’t bear to stay on top of the spire forever :frowning:

6 Likes

Just got reminded by this post, that I’m on Omoson too - You can send me your coordinates via direct message if you like. I’m rather interested if your base is near to mine.

Finally starting the thing… one 41x41x41 block at a time… ogh

12 Likes

Nice to see progress reports.
:heart_eyes:that you are back in to building!

just give a shoutout if you need help man, i suck at free creative building, but if i have a set pattern of stuff i have to do and very clear instructions i can make almost everything

(just posting this here to brag once again xD)

but seriously. would always be happy to help if i have the time and if you have menial work that even i can understand how to do :smile:

2 Likes

What :cry: you offer to help Nyuudles and not me. You forever broke my heart :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

well i can help you too, but again im a total derp at building and you do everything creatively xD

Hooray for emotional blackmail \o/
Nyuudles you know that goes for me too if you need help just give a shout :smile:

1 Like

I can’t seem to edit my first post anymore D: But here was the rough idea for the tower “blocks”

8 Likes

I cant imagine how epic it’ll look when its finished O_O

What is that pixelart?