Feedback from Goo Farm

Tbh, I’d advise against the 90% set up, as the crop is literally so low.

I find the best is 215% Crop 75% seed. That way you’re guaranteed at least 2 goo, with a high chance to retain the seed

2 Likes

I made both setups, with 40 goo crops each.

There might also be an option to go slightly higher on seed and still maintain the 2+ on crop if you have the farming epic. It gives a +20% to crop yields.

Not tested it myself yet though.

I have the farming epic skill myself. Didn’t help much.

I have the farming epic. And 215/75 is the best balanced return I’ve managed to get.

1 Like

If I plant to rock I can get 220/80. But I like gleam mutation more so my numbers are same like yours :slight_smile:

I’ve made two setups. The first one is the “seed” oriented setup with 0% crop yield / 90% seed yield. After the first harvest, with all farming skills, I got a seed return of 33/40. Because of RNG, it’s almost 1/4th of seeds lost.

On the “crop” oriented setup with 210% crop yield / 75% seed yield, I got a seed return of 28/40.

(for the record, in this setup, all the brick blocks are cut in halves, and the top part is filled with lava - the gleam is left uncut : the goo kernels would burn when you plant them otherwise)

The rate of color mutation added to the rate of seed loss and the quantity of pigments I would need for this thing to be useful, I’m starting to think I should need a goo farm 5 times bigger… but even then, I mean, it’s gonna be worthless to me… especially since you can only spray-paint wood and stone things. I haven’t tested yet, but I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to paint the growth, for example.

With the quantity of pigments we need to paint things, I need AT LEAST 99% seed return. Y’know, like a setup where I mutate the colors, where I know the goo will survive to the test of time, AND a setup where the mutation of colors isn’t important, but the crop yield is.

I was terribly disappointed to find out just now that I can’t spray paint boulder chips or boulder rings. That was THE ONE thing I was looking forward to paint, since it logically seemed to fit in the rock family.

@james TL;DR, I think the seed yield of goo in an optimized setup needs a good boost from the devs. I also think the limitations on what can or can’t be spray-painted should be seriously loosened. Otherwise, the entire goo/paint feature is basically useless.

4 Likes

Also the one block per spray can is way too low…

6 Likes