[Feedback] Testing 224 - New crop metainfo doesn't report whether plant will actually grow or not

As the title says:

I know this plant specifically will never be able to grow, as it doesn’t have any light at all to grow. But it still says its expected maturity time is 3h; surely it should have a notice saying that it won’t be able to grow at all?

In principle players will know that crops like this need light, but someone might miss it and wonder why there’s no growth/progress, despite what seems like an indication of potential progress.

In summary, I would say: Don’t give an expected time if the crop won’t actually progress past the current stage in its conditions.

1 Like

the next patch will include that data; in the current version of the game the client has no access to the crop-lighting data at all.

5 Likes

Thank you for confirming it’ll definitely be a thing. :slight_smile:

Mostly unrelated to this topic, should we still be reporting/giving feedback on the new looks of existing blocks and items? A few things still seem off somehow in terms of their relative brightness, and I’ve noticed on the latest build some stuff is starting to look better (I think?) than it did on the first testing build.

Feedback always welcomed. Screenshots help!!

1 Like