Feels like I got 80 plots for free!

What I’ve been doing lately (after a char hits lvl50):

-Use 600 cubits to buy a new char slot
-Use that char to do everything! Craft, build, chisel, hunt, gather. (It’s pretty easy when you can change around skill points for free until lvl 20)
-Bonus speed if you use your money from feats to buy Teaching Pies for Double XP (Great for Mass Rock crafts, and chisels!)
-Once that char hits lvl 26 (3000 cubits) buy 80 plots, and another char slot! Rinse and repeat!

If you don’t like/need plots, get your new Brew Crafter a sweet mask and body paint!

It has a side effect of giving you more chars to specialize with (Brews, Food, Tools, Weapons, Tech)

It only took a day having my guy do all the crafting and building and chiseling for a build I’m working. Now he’s part of the team!

2 Likes

Not to hijack your post, or change the topic, or anything… BUT… this is the exact reason the economy suffers in the game. It takes 1 day to create a new character that can master another of the skill trees in the game. Why would anyone buy anything from anyone else?

In EA we were little bit more limited so people had to buy items from each other and it was frustrating af so it’s like that atm.

This doesnt mather much to me as you can continue to get cubits on a single character after 50 too.
Basicly if i go mine for 30 mins then convert it on the same character i get a darkmatter coffer which has cubits.

Tl;DR: Np, you can grind cubits on both alts and 1 lvl 50 character.

1 Like

A reason for players to buy is if they would rather spend coin than time. They should not have to buy something in order to get it. It should be a choice. If items are priced low enough, and players are aware of the price and the store location, then someone can sell. I think the lack of coin my be more of an issue currently than the fact that higher level players can make what they need.

Off topic sorry.

2 Likes

I think there are some fallacies here:

1. Not everyone can get to a usable level in a day, particularly professions which require more skill investment
  2. Being able to do something yourself doesn’t mean you will/must do it yourself
  3. Everything takes time, people spend coin to save time.

I’ve spent probably 200k in shops since I blew my last 300k as the economy dwindled. I spent almost everything I’ve had because it doesn’t serve me in my imaginary pocket. I also have enough alts of sufficient level to do everything yet still I buy. I would guess I’m not the only one.

2 Likes

Well I was not saying that higher make what they need. I was saying that you can make a new character and play it for a day, and get it to a point that it has already mastered all the core skill, and most of the bonus skills, for an entire crafting tree. A little time investment, verse spending the exceptionally limited coin you have, seems like the reason nobody buys anything. A combination ob both the easy of access to ‘someone who can do it’ and the limited access to ‘coin’ are huge contributors. So I agree with you that coint is a huge problem too.

I’ve been complaining about the alt exploit for months but nothing is done. There’s so many things you can do I consider game breaking.

Put all the rocks from your last 3x3 AoE mountain razing into workbench storage but don’t craft it. Switch to your new alt and craft it all and log out a beacon away with a teaching pie in your hand. Go play another character for a few hours. Or go fly a kite in the real world. Log back on, eat the pie, and walk near the workbench. You’ve played this alt a total of ten minutes but they’re now lvl 30 and can do anything in the game.

Or maybe you want enough coins for your first forged hammer. Do the trick above and while you wait eat a pie and do starter quests. Put the reward money in a request basket for your other character to grab. You can delete the alt if you’re out of slots. This trick is infinite. Anyway, now that you have enough money for a great AoE hammer you can go mining and do it all over again. Keep all your gems and ores for yourself, use the rocks to lvl an alt for starter quest money, buy a hammer.

The solution to the alt exploit has always been to make alts only purchased for real money instead of cubits in the short term, and then a good hard look at the skill system and number of alt slots in the long term. I think handing out uncapped cubits from level ups is crazy too, but what do I know?

Lack of coin is the main reason I dont buy. Im just too poor. And also because this the way i play every MMO. In WoW i made enough alts to master every profession. In FFXIV i leveled all crafting to max. Its just my playstyle to be self sufficient. If i had to buy everything i need i would probably have moved on to another game by now

Back on topic, i’ve started just leveling my main as shuffling alts to add more plots is too annoying lol. I’ll probably give each one their own little build just to use the plots they do have and buy body paint/masks with the rest of the cubits

I made 10 characters fairly early on, some of them are now crafters but still haven’t finished my plan to have max for all crafting skills… mainly because no weapons require lvl 4 crafting yet