Few Questions from me about the Game

Hello community, I thought about getting the early access for the game but I’ve still a few questions about the game and its requirements.

1. 32$ is a real deal for me so, is this game really “alive” do you already meet enough players to have not only fun alone but with a bunch of people?

2. I’ve 8GB RAM but 1.5~ GB are always in use, can I still play properly with the left RAM I have or do I need more? If I can play with the RAM left will there be any problems caused by this or what is your experience with only 8GB RAM?

Last but not least, how far is this game really in development? Close to finished, still lots of bugs, many features like itemdrops, crafting potions and stuff like this?

Thanks for all people helping me here with my struggling about the game :slight_smile: have a nice day

I’ve only got 6 gb of ram and my computer and it’s fine for me

It is still hard to meet ppl, but you can always get ppl together via the forums. The most I have seen on a server is 17 ppl and they are mostly all spread out. If you are a US player I have seen atleast one or two ppl a night in Dragon’s Watch and I am sure the EU server has a hub of players too, however I do not know those hubs.

I hv 8 GB and 7 available and I’m fine. High details working just good.

Game offers a lot of crafts and materials to work with already and devs are working a lot providing changes fast enough. I hv to say this game is progressing well comparing to some titles I’ve been trying over last few years.

I have met a few people in game. The rest is very helpful and responsive here.

@NexiBit I’ll be frank with you Nexi, I think your computer will be fine. As far as the development of the game, this is where it stands for me: It’s a prettier version of minecraft with no mounts, no redstone mechanics, and fewer craftable items. There are few enough people that ever time I’ve gotten on for the past month, I’ve never seen a single person. I’ve seen their builds, and even had 1 or 2 pop up on my compass (it’s kind of like a 1D radar instead), but never physically seen them.

That all being said, it’s still really fun for me. It’s not just a little better looking than minecraft, it’s awesome. Better, imho, than any of the skin mods that you can get for it. Another thing that’s great is the ambient music. Apparently, they’re not even finished with the entire soundtrack, but I really like what they have. Third, they have an awesome community of players and developers. You can give and get direct feedback to and from the devs at this point. I don’t imagine that will be able to happen forever as more people start playing. At least not as often. The other great thing about that is that the devs really listen. We who are playing right now feel like we’re shaping what the game is going to be in a real way. Lastly, the planned things that the devs are working on for release are going to make the game really fun. It’s like you can master the basics right now, and then master each new feature as they release them on the way to 1.0.

Hopefully this helps.

PS, I have about 120 hours logged on the game, I post videos about once a week on YouTube, mostly of builds. CunningC3lt is the name you can look for on there. My videos are high capture resolution, but low edit quality and my mic sucks. But, you can see the game.

7 Likes

Great post Celtic, it sums up my thoughts as well, right now at this early stage of development it just seems like a pretty Minecraft (and I am not a fan of Minecraft), there’s really not much to do other than mine and build and stock cupboards. I built a house, mined a lot, but there’s no daily activity to keep me coming back into the game just yet (like farming daily crops or feeding animals, or daily quests or the other normal MMO type things) and I am guessing it’s the same for others since I see a lot of amazing houses but never any people.

My views are that since building and warping/portalling are probably the most important mechanic to get right at the beginning stages of designing this game then it’s perfectly fine. Now we’re seeing more stuff added in very regularly so things are moving forward pretty nicely towards an MMO such as Guilds. Even if the players aren’t in the game much they are still active on the Discord and the forums testing things out, giving feedback, helping newer players.

The community is great, the devs are communicative, and the potential of the game when it’s released are definitely big pluses. I actually enjoy learning the game mechanics now while it’s quiet so I can try to be competitive once the game is released.

2 Likes

Hey, I honestly do like the game and would love to play with people. Currently I am waiting for the game to release before I really start digging in because I don’t want my creations just destroyed randomly or all of my hard work deleted. I do think it’s a good idea to get a basic understanding which is kind of what I just did, but now I am waiting for it to finally come out.