Fibrous Leaf - The elusive item as a new player

I also started some Field Experiments with some Financial help from @slyduda kisses and found the best way to get Fibrious now is to get a Diamond Axe and go to Solum (Or other low leel world with Foilag Swamps), find this Swampy Areas where the Ground is made of Foilage and mow it down after throwing some energised risotto… I got about 300 Leaves in 20 Minutes… That was sick…

10 Likes

Oh dang. I’ll have to try this. Great tip.

Does Luck affect surface resource drops as well? That would be nice.

Yes it does, i have max luck and got 300 and my Brother is 2 Levels before max and got 240-260

I also get about 4-5 Leaves per Yuca now

Edit: but empty your Inventory, i also got 4500 Foilage and about 1200 Starberries xD

1 Like

Maybe leaves should only drop one type of starberry per world, not 2-3. That way, you need to learn what worlds to visit for each varients of berry. Or, we have 3 variety of leaves, why not a berry per varient?

5 Likes

was thinking the same a few times - to bind types of leaves with types of berries

4 Likes

Seems most logical to me.

1 Like

I found a good strat for finding yuca! All you need to do is buy your self an atlas and take a fibrous leaf throw it in there and youll be able to find the yuca easily. It works for me like 90% of the time. I average around 20 to 30 leaves every 10 mins.

3 Likes

the issue would be that the berries vary in @tier@ while the leaves dont - you could however vary the drops by planet level…

All three kinds of berries could drop on all worlds. Normal berries could drop more than now to compensate being limited to one kind of foliage. Waxy could drop as they do on high tier worlds now and juice would drop the least. Then all three would drop more through higher tier worlds with less increase for starberries and more for waxy and juicy but still with the first dropping the most and the latter the least.
At the same time foliage dropping starberries could drop just one kind of leaves, the one dropping waxy would drop the other kind of leaves and the one dropping juicy could drop both types of leaves to compensate having the lowest yield of berries. And too all leaves drops would increase with world tier progression.

1 Like

Well thought through!

1 Like

Tree leaf blocks drop them randomly, but they are guaranteed drops if you break a yucca with an axe. I haven’t played much so don’t have experience with other worlds, but there is probably a ground plant that yields food/beans that drops fibrous leaves on your world with an axe.

This was posted before they upped the increase in drops.

Also, it’s quite useful to know for beginners but the tool you use does not affect the droprate of any loot items. Axes do full damage to plants (in this case), totem is totem and other tools receive a penalty, but only RNG, planet tier and your luck affect droprate

3 Likes