Fibrous plant dont drop fibrous leaf

i think it is bug …
they are drop only bean earth yam…

i am farming in vulpto

1 Like

This is an old name for the plant. It is being repurposed as a more alien-like plant and will be renamed in future.

For fibrous leaves, you will need to find yucca plants, or chop foliage on higher tier worlds.

1 Like

Ironically, the “inky plant” is also an inconsistent source of fibrous leaves :smile:

1 Like

Since the balance patch, where has everyone been finding their fibrous leaves?

Still farming from foliage, but random drops have gone up so i farm less often.

People are paying as much as 50c now for one on the market.

Nasharill, atlas with raw exotic earthyam on it
this will take you to the “Traveller’s Perch” plant (the old “inky plant”), while doing so you will find a lot of Sword plant (old “yucca plant”),
if this is done running and jumping a lot (to avoid grasses vision occlusion) it gives quiet a good outcome in terms of fibs and money (raw exotic earthyam)
the places signed by the atlas will be floating mountains, so a good grapple (like emerald) is needed

anyway atm i ve found nothing like foliage and diamond axe on grooves biome to get fast fibs (but no other valuable resources)

Apparently setting the grass detail to low also helps a lot (saves some jumping stamina too) to spot plants in tall grass.

@Karrade - yup I’ve seen the market prices keep climbing, but i farm my own and a few extra to hand trade to select individuals. I value mine at around 35 each, which is reflected in the selling price of my finished products.

Untill such a time that i can’t reasonably keep up with my own demand i feel that 50 is a bit high - take shimmering orbs for example. They are priced around 300ish? That means i can trade 6 leaves for a shimmering orb. I would much much rather gather 60 fibs than 10 orbs, as i find it much easier (and hence value leaves at a lower price).

Untill the market reacts though, I’m happy to sell off my excess here and there though not sticking strictly to such a high price

1 Like

Fibrous drops from Desert Swords. Which was once known as Yukka. Foliage is a rare source for them. I farm about 150 every 30 minutes from Desert Swords. They are fairly common on every world.

Yeah I’ve noticed that. It’s above what I am willing to spend.

@Tarahyumaro spent a few minutes with me showing me around on a planet. I guess the places I was looking for was just not providing me the Fibrous Leaves even though I was ripping up every single plant surface resource I could find. I’ll just add it to my list of items that I’ll gather up manually if I am really motivated to but mostly buy with a Request Basket.

That’s what great about this game (one of many aspects, of course) . . . If you are too busy/disinclined/not-lucky-enough to harvest your own resourses, Request baskets and earned coin can come to the rescue! They may/may not be good for the economy and calculating prices, but they are good for game play.
Attica Out :smiley:

1 Like