Figured out how to make the sanctum better

As the title says. I made the sanctum better see video. Lol.

33 Likes

Holy hell. I don’t know whether I love this or whether it scares me. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hahaha. I’ve wanted to do this for awhile. But I know nothing about scripting. So it was a lot of trial and error. Once I figured out how to add another Georgio it was easy ish. Lol

Edit- I think this means NPC are definitely possible. At least in the sanctum. You can set a coordinates to activate an even. For example the solute and then they sit down.

4 Likes

Wow! This is awesome!

Regards,

1 Like

It’d be more creepy if they all could follow you around the sanctum :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Love it !:+1: good job

3 Likes

That’s way outta my ability but I totally agree. :rofl:

1 Like

umm

10 Likes

That would be excellent.
There isn’t any precedent for something like that in any of the Sanctum files, so I don’t know that it would be possible with the current configuration script stuff. It might be possible to get them to teleport around using the configs that have been exposed, but trying might just crash the game :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Lately, just looking at the game crashes it half the time for me, but that’s my ps4/internet’s fault haha

1 Like

LOL! Georgio, Since I am at work all I heard was “https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrI-UBIB8Jk” The chanting

1 Like

Oh I crashed the game a bunch of times until I figured out how to get more characters in the sanctum and which files needed changing to do so. Each character is its own file with its own script for that character. I wish I knew more how this works. I don’t even know what kind of programming this is to learn more about it.

1 Like

That is beyond epic!! :joy: :+1:

NPCs really would be a great addition I think - bring a lot of life to larger settlements with only one or a few builders, also give opportunity to add lore and humor. I know you’d add plenty of the latter with them! :grin:

1 Like

Totally agree. They’d be great for dungeons and quest too. Have them around giving tips on how to find the next part of the Reapers trials. We all can dream right. Lol.

1 Like

Have one waiting on a tiny island in the lava, waiting to laugh at people falling to their death?

2 Likes

You can have him laughing in loop. And if you reach a location he could taunt you. All that is kinda in the Halloween sanctum Georgio. I didn’t look till today to see how it was done.

4 Likes

This is exciting to say the least. I have high hopes for mods in local worlds and this is a nice preview of possibilities :smiley:

1 Like

She’s just tired XD (1:27)

5 Likes

These are closer to config files than to actual scripting. You can do a little bit of script-like triggering, though. It’s written in JSON.

It looks like you’ve already seen the thread I made about it here: Sanctum Elder, Items, and Visual Effects Config, though I wrote that late at night and it’s a bit wandery.

Putting each dude in it’s own file is probably easier to manage, though it is possible to put any number of them in a single file. I have both the original elder and also a copy of my avatar in a single file.

You can see my config here: https://pastebin.com/7dAVtteh

If you read a little about JSON, you should be able to read that and see each of the different segments under the “events” array.

For any more detail, we can discuss on the modding section thread, though. Your creation will do better without the tech talk, I’m sure. :slight_smile:

Also, yes. Even with tech knowledge, I crash stuff all the time when messing with these configs.

1 Like

Reality is this. I now want to build the matrix end scene Neo vs agent smith. The one with all the smiths along the street. Only agent smith is Georgio.
I need to simplify what’s there to just have the Georgio’s stand there and do nothing.
@james any idea how many can be added?

https://youtu.be/YRg9I8QIjnw This scene

3 Likes