Finally, Trade Without Need To Be Present

I am sorry, but I have been out of the house for 18 hours today with no sleep yet, and maybe that is why, But I am still slightly confused.

To me this looks like an solution to be able to sell/buy from an select person with out anyone else getting to it, but how doses it work to trade? Since Trading is typically Item(s) for Item(s)

I am just not getting it at this time.

You can see what it does :expressionless:

how do they access the shop stands? does the lock affect them too?
I assume the lock only affects the door.

If they cant access the shop stands how to they put stuff in them to then trade with?

1 Like

You know what, guys, try it out. Put the pieces together and maybe some light bulbs will light up for you. My setup works wonderfully. I had one problem, and that was that the sign above the doors became locked, it was really troubling, but after many nights of tortured sleep I finally figured it out. Yep, I moved the lock one spot over so it didn’t affect the sign. I even had the artist’s eye to move another lock over, just for a little symmetry. Now, putting the lights in behind the actual shop stands, I thought, was a stroke of genius, or is it genious? Well, I digress. So, believe it or not, it took me awhile to figure out how to get around those advanced locks. I just figured I’d see if any of my guild buddies would want anything. Not so much. So I thought, hey, guilds (!). I could just make up a guild, and people can join it, so I could give thems access to a door or two. Then I had this even crazier idea to share the concept with others. Oh, I seem to have lost where I was going with this. Well, keep putting up these comments, they’re super helpful, and in time, I’m sure we can all understand the basics of this very complex system.

We are just asking relevant questions. If you dont have time or not willing to answer guess what many people wont show up.

Seems you just are “how stupid these guys are” mode so either explain your system better than “you put that there and it makes 10k donkeys” or answer questions

5 Likes

I did answer the questions. What did I miss? You gotta know I’m going to think people are trolling me when their questions are focused on minute details of my wording, rather than the logic of the game we’re talking about. If it can’t work in the game, please assume I made a mistake in my wording. My thoughts don’t always sync perfectly to my words because the thoughts take precedence.

2 Likes

What i meant was you could do a step by step how to use it.

And clearly state who has access to what

I think the advanced locks also work if you place them directly on the stands. I have seen stands locked in this manner in the Golden Fist shop.

2 Likes

I still find this to be clarification enough.

3 Likes

Sign me up.

1 Like

I get it :smiley_cat:
Advanced locks are a great way to expand how trades are made.
I’m doing the same thing and it works great!

3 Likes

I think this is very clever. Nicely inventive. Well done.

I understand what you are doing. I think the confusion is in the use of shopstands as the best available storage device. People may see shop stands and think sales.

I would assume that both parties have full access to the shopstands and can either leave items or coin in trade without actually purchasing from the stand.

Edit: corrected some wording.

1 Like

These do look great I have to say…

When I was talking to James about releasing a contract system I brought up the need of a post box type solution to help deal with the delivery aspect. I could see a modified mailbox that allowed you to store a certain amount of items. I figured something was needed because of different time zones and how hard it is for players to meet up. I can see they understand the need but I’m just not sure if it would happen separately or along with a contract system, etc… Either way I did want to share that the need was directly communicated.

1 Like

i was having same idea sorta i had in mind to give sellers access to all rooms and owners individual acces to there own room
but then work with a select group off mega store owners
avoiding the guild book

its looking good what ya made def keep us updated if you making changes to the system our some comment on how it is going etc super interested in this stuff :smiley:

i love me a good player made system everyday :smile:

ow would also like to add if ya looking to expand your buisiness to other planets me and aquamall crew are listnening :wink:
also makes traveling for shop owners in our mall to the system very fast

Trade is a very general term, and I tend to use it that way. The real term people are looking for when they think of trade in this game is barter. I don’t see why there should be confusion, though, since the trade section of this site is used to complete sales. This is why they say the devil is in the details. The one focused on the details first instead of the larger picture will always become confused by broader suggestions. To someone who thinks broadly, the confusion is only an indicator of when to think in more detail.

You can also use this for straight up trades as seen with the Warfarer totem guy =D

1 Like

Yeah, I wasn’t talking about my confusion.

So found out the hard way advanced locks require guild alignment to give members permission. It’s not working so well in my main base :sweat_smile:

Iirc that’s only the case if you make the beacon guild controlled. If it’s aligned you can have friends and guild members able to use it.