Finding Caves

Is there any ways in the game to increase your chances of finding caves? Or do you just wonder/dig around until you get lucky?

You just need to get lucky. Digging straight down can often work too.

That is what I figured. I just wanted to ask around to see if there was any tricks before I kept spending so much time on it.

Caves occur on altitude layers so finding one means you can burrow straight and find another relatively easy.
For example as far as i know digging at altitude of 16 on rugged metal world you will find a lot of caverns and won’t get lava spill on you (altitude 15 is lava altitude).

The same should be possible on all other worlds, just need to attune to deepest cavern altitude.

Another way i heard is mining in stairs pattern up and down between two altitudes - probably more caverns, not necessary more resources you are hunting for - depending what you want.

Digging works on any planet. Some planets (like on my starter planet) holes are in the ground everywhere to fall into them. I don’t do any running at night in tall grass. :rofl:

I would just dig straight down as said. Also keep an eye on altitude you dont wanna be fried by lava ^^

All you need is some digging and a bit of luck. Not too sure about the lava part but on Beckon, altitude 15 and lower is filled with water. So there’s a chance you can drown if you can’t find or create an air pocket in time.