First click on the screen

when not in full-screen mode and coming back to the game after checking other stuff, its possible to move your character right away or open inventory, but you can’t take actions requiring use of a mouse. You need to click on the screen first. However that first click needed to make the game screen active works straight away and together with activating the screen you also take action (whatever mouse button you used and depending on what your character holds in hands), so you either take a shot or dig a hole or break something etc.

I’m thinking it would be nice if the first click on the screen would only get you back to the game without taking the action assigned to the mouse-click…

4 Likes

I second this, but I would also like an option to simply make Boundless Windowed-Borderless. This is how I run all of my other games, and it makes it so that I can seamlessly move from my in-game stuff to a website and back.

5 Likes

I’ve found this happens a lot, it was very frustrating having to plant a block or hit something to make the controls work again, especially if you are chatting on Discord as well as playing, or browsing this website.

BUT I found a fix is to press “F11” which takes you in and out of Full Screen mode, then just move left or right a step.

2 Likes

Also have this issue on Mac, if I forget to leave inventory open or switch tools I lose valuable durability every time I refocus the boundless app

Next update should have a fix in to consume the mouse down when regaining focus…

1 Like