First day back after a year, thoughts for devs

If we’re meant to stick around on our homeworld for a long time, then making them ultra-rare makes sense.

From other posts in the forums, the suggestions felt consistently more ‘Get out there, you crazy kids, stop wasting your life on Solum!’ which implied, to me, that you should be getting your hustle on and getting out to other worlds for exploration and easier rare resource gathering. If we’re meant to chill here a bit longer, then I’ll adjust my expectations. : D

There’s one thing missing from your statements, and that is understanding.

The game is not perfect, it’s an early access, and thus presents problems and not perfect situations. Oh, resource distribution doesn’t work, and there’s no way you can get the resource you need to get off planet, until they fix the issue. I will not complain one time, but many times. So how are you supposed to get off planet now? Either way until they fix it and you can get the resource by yourself, or go through someone portal, gather it on another planet and experience it for yourself.

Game is not perfect, but many people have commented already with workarounds for your issue. You just seem to grab the part of their messages that benefit you and ignore the rest.

I was a new player, with new player problems, you didn’t experience the pain to gather gold. I understood, commented on it and moved on. You can’t seem to move on and accept work arounds in the meantime until they work on the problem. One thing is feedback, one other thing is constant bickering about the same issue over and over.

The info has come to you, the solutions have been presented. You just don’t wanna take them and move on. You just wanna keep complaining about the same issue over and over.

@Dzchan94 I think it might be good for you to take some breaths! I sense that you might be investing a little bit too much into this conversation- it’s totally ok for people to have complaints. Everybody that comes here bases their opinions on vastly different standards of play. Every bit of feedback is valuable data for the devs to make adjustments with- even the outliers.

4 Likes

I suppose we have different definitions of ‘bickering’.

I’m posting my input and experience. I’m sorry you view my posts as ‘constant bickering’, but I’m here to share what my in-game experience is like – you know, that whole early-access thing – and I believe I’ve done so politely. Telling people to shut up when their experiences are negative accomplishes nothing but… give you the chance to kick the new kid for not using enough smileys, I guess?

I will attempt to rephrase:

The developers want feedback. I am offering feedback /looking forward to the released game/. Yes, there are temporary workarounds. I could accept a handout. I could go to a city and use someone else’s portal, or gate, or whichever is the proper terms. The posts I am making are an attempt at saying: Hey guys, this works for now, but /is this what you want in the final game/ because it seems a bit wonky to me.

I hope this clears things up.

1 Like

Oh, I get that it’s totally ok for people to have complains, everyone has them. But I think complaining once is enough. No need to go around in circles. I’m sure the game is at the state it is right now, cuz of feedback.

The game is not perfect, and there are many things to be polished, I think a little patience goes a long way. Sure enough, some aspects of the game, like going off planet or crafting your own machines are temporarily blocked or hard to do according to which starter planet you spawned on. The temporary solutions we have to disposition right now, are not perfect, nor will they be the solutions in the future, as they’re temporary.

Take this example, you spawned on Therka, with no components in sight, unless you buy them or trade them. But you want to travel off planet. Right now you have 3 solutions.
1.- Buy or trade them and craft the things you need.
2.- Have someone offer you a taxi and warp you there.
3.- Use a portal and go wherever it takes you.

I don’t know if where you come from it’s important. But for me it’s very important how you word things, no matter how much truth your message holds.

I think we don’t need to mention it anymore that iron is scarce or so and so resource. I’m sure they already have their heads full with that and other changes. What I’m trying to say. It’s good to cut some slack to the devs too and give them time to get to things.

I’m going to tap out here.

Since typically when one person writes something, ten others are thinking it, I’ll take a break on my feedback posts as they’re apparently viewed as ‘bickering’.

I’m genuinely not sure how to phrase things ‘better’ to avoid ruffling feathers, but I’ll have a think on it and see if anything comes to mind.

Cheers.

Hey @kerfuffle , whilst feedback is always welcomed, the arrogance denoted in your responses does not sit well within a community that was simply trying to offer you workarounds to unfortunate, but known, problems, so that you could continue with your Boundless experience.

People are not here to tell you that you are wrong for giving feedback on things. I myself stated that you gave good initial feedback, but wanted to correct the information you had stated regarding the requirements for the spark core, so that anyone else reading through the thread had the correct information.

So please, take a moment to consider, before posting a snarky comment, that others players may just be trying to assist you in progressing beyond a current choke point within the game in its current state.

2 Likes