First roadrunner

My first roadrunner, running into a tree…
They are very shy.

7 Likes

havent seen one yet - am i like the coyote? never gonna catch one - although the coyote at least sees what he is after ;p

2 Likes

wait when were they added ?!

They where added today.

the build must have come bfore the patch notes :smiley:

1 Like

They dont see you if you are in the water.

7 Likes

These little guys have a VERY, and i mean VERY keen sense of you! you can’t get within 80 blocks of these things before they BOLT at 100 miles per hour. Good luck catching one -_-

Sneak up to them using C, then try to snag them with a grapple hook. Close the distance fast, because they can still break free!

Also, you can always chase them off of cliffs. They don’t always watch where they are running!

5 Likes

They don’t have much health right? Anyone tried sniping from a distance?

Yea, I think one shot from a iron sling bow can kill them. I shot one with a stone sling bow and it took a good chunk of health. The roadrunner ran into a lake and drowned, they seem to drop the same things as all other mobs.

1 Like

Yeah they don’t watch where they are running. :joy:

I saw one and went to it. It ran straight into lava. Dead. On the left and right were large green fields. Well, birds are stupid. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Roadrunner are really easy to kill.
As soon as he gets stuck in a corner, he’ll keep running her into the wall. You will have time to approach and kill it without any problem.
If you prepare obstacles properly, you have almost 100% chance of successfully killing them.

Did this occur on ice or on other type of blocks?

I killed one that got stuck and kept running against a block. It was ice.
Other than that they run away pretty well using jumps and route searching quite effectively.

I’ve seen them run straight into water and drown, a pair together! Think this was on ice

this one got stuck in a narrow ditch - kept turning around but couldn’t jump on higher blocks, so I killed the poor b***