Fish farming?

That’s a neat idea, I think, and something you don’t really see in too many games. I wonder what a Boundless-style crab would look like…

1 Like

+1 yeah let’s get some fish in the water. More life in general too :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Spider crab :crab: image

3 Likes

Sure, why not take the last bit of survival out of a survival sandbox game.

You are always welcome to make suggestions.
This is just a suggestion and it would make sense to do this now cause theres farming stuff coming from left and right… even if they would not do fish farming i would like to fish in the game… maybe to have it sort of minigame while you are exploring?

2 Likes

I can understand your pessimism but that is not what I am trying to do. I am looking at ideas that give people content and gives people things to do. Stuff to fill out the world we live in.

If this is truly a survival game then I think we need to start approaching many things differently - remove regen, remove footfall, change the economy to barter or other things… etc. It seems, though, that the reality is this game is slowly morphing away from hard core survival. I am not sure “survival only” was even the intention when they created the game.

I also wouldn’t doubt that in Boundless Developer fashion that they would put “survival” type ideas into it. Probably some fish would end up eating you. Others might make you sick if you don’t cook the meat correctly. Who knows what they come up with… even if it was “easier” on people we still have deadly atmospheres and Exo worlds that can easily kill most mid-tier people. So I’m sure we are no where near “empty” on our Survival gas tank.

3 Likes

3 Likes

If you think I’m going to fish that out of the River you got another thing coming…

It’s not like this is Ark :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Just looked ARK up I see what you mean :wink: my crab would be very fitting for that game.
We are not very game savvy all we play is all the mario games my son is obsessed with them.
Mario for breakfast mario for lunch mario for dinner :nauseated_face::crazy_face:

1 Like