Fish farming?

Now that we have farming.
How about fish farming?

This would be great way to acquire meat for those players who dont like hunting.

Now that we have water alrdy.

Edit: added consept art

16 Likes

Regular fishing with some sort of mini-game involved would be much more fun, at least in my opinion. Not sure which kind of mini-game, but if it was added, I’d be a bit disappointed for it to just involve setting a machine up.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Yeah I like this ideas, would be a great addition :slight_smile:

1 Like

nice idea!

1 Like

Yeah I could see turning an area of a lake into a hatchery… being able to catch a variety of fish and creatures that are out in the wild oceans, etc. Be nice to sometimes have a Fish Pie versus these constant Meat Pies. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Honestly, I could see both fishing and fish farming being good for the game in several ways. We would kind of have pets, have stuff in water to look at, and bring a few new resources in. I’d love to see the devs do some animal domestication and fishing

2 Likes

i love the idea :smiley: would be awesome :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes we need fishing, aquariums, and fish farming :fishing_pole_and_fish::tropical_fish::tropical_fish::tropical_fish:

5 Likes

True! I wouldn’t mind some sushi dishes as well… :yum:

2 Likes

Fishing would be awesome. And the concept art is great. Maybe the ability to hang your catch on the wall too.

3 Likes

I would be even more “hooked” on this game!!!

Sorry couldn’t resist ! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You could say it’s quite a catch!

(fishing puns ftw)

4 Likes

Solid idea, animal ranching and such - I think we’re a ways off from this existing, but its a solid thought that I wouldn’t mind having in game

Swords, Lances, and Pantses!

2 Likes

Sorry to say this I mean nothing by it but with the farming and now the fishing ideas this screams out Minecraft to me.

This is a awesome game and need awesome new ideas to make other games copy boundless not the other way round.

1 Like

Duck hunting!

2 Likes

I agree that Boundless needs awesome new ideas, but Minecraft isn’t the only game in general with fishing in it. Trove, OSRS, Warframe, WoW, Terraria, Zelda, etc, all having fishing. I don’t think adding that makes it a copy.

I think fishing/fishing related stuff would be a great addition to the game, since it would give more to do. We could have fishing poles made of stone or gems. You could gain drops, new wearables, and items.

(Could be an introduction to fish scale armor too)

2 Likes

Hmmmm, a nice gap to use up some of that hard to farm rice, and please the water breathing food effect? Even a fish potion if short duration doesn’t fit into the food buff status quo…

1 Like

There’s nothing exclusive to MC in regards to fishing & farming. Lots of genres of games have those skills/abilities. It’s just a fun thing that some people enjoy.

If we get chickens, Enderman, and villagers, then I’ll raise an eyebrow lol

If BL adds fishing, I’m sure they’d do it Boundless-Style:

6 Likes

Your have to excuse me.
my son and me only started online gaming about two and a half years ago and minecraft was the first game we played.
My sons mates at school played it so I brought my son a PlayStation so we could play it , Obviously as a parent i played with him to make sure there was no ill play.

With our lack of knowledge off gaming it was the only reference We had to go on.
I mean no I’ll will buy my statement just thought with it being a newish game maybe we could come up with some different ideas and set the bar for other games.

We like fishing :fishing_pole_and_fish: we go in real life and yes it would be a great idea.
My son asked If we could add crabbing :crab: because he loves it :wink:

2 Likes