Fishing..?

Has fishing ever been added, or is it in the works?

Don’t think its in works

We’d have to forge a shovel with a catch fish boon.

6 Likes

ROFL :rofl: shovel fishing boon

Some people would buy the game just to “go fishing” if the system was good and didn’t require compact Tanzopanzonite and Durasteel Alloy to craft.

2 Likes

That will be needed for the fishing pole, itself. Then you have to craft bait & the line, then forge the hook & reel. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (jk devs)

2 Likes

I think fishing would be a good addition. But should it be fishing like we do, or should it be spear fishing with an introduction to a new weapon that doubles as a fishing gear. Would make more sense to be a spear to me, and having to actually hunt them like spitters or wildstock.

Not sure a mini-game of fishing really works for boundless

1 Like

I seriously hope that isn’t how they implement fishing. I really hope the fishing rod is a completely new tool.

More items > more Boons.

Either way though I do want fishing. The fish concept thread that was made a few years back definitely looks promising so at least they have concept art on file for fish and other underwater life.

Fishing would end up being most of my time in Boundless XD

2 Likes

A spear fish grapple could be fun, you’d have to spear the fish and then drag it out of the water, the bigger the fish the more people needed to catch it.

2 Likes

Or maybe some special forged bombs to fish with… throw the bombs in the water, BOOM! fishies float up to the surface to collect… :wink:

3 Likes

You know good and well they’d nerf bomb fishing in the first week :wink:

1 Like

Would be kinda cool if fish were just “invisible” like in real life.

1 Like
1 Like

CONVENTIONAL FISHING PLEASE!! Add bait and tackle shops too!!

Ok Ms Dundee :joy:

1 Like

We need a pole. pun intended. poll I vote yes for fishing

1 Like

I think spearfishing would be more fun in a non-mini game type of fishing, this could also allow for brews that allow for longer breathing or lead feet so you sink to the bottom