Fix black blocks, changing colors

First off, the sun is white. Not yellow.

“However, the Sun is essentially all colors mixed together, which appear to our eyes as white. This is easy to see in pictures taken from space. Rainbows are light from the Sun, separated into its colors. Each color in the rainbow (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet) has a different wavelength.”

solar-center.stanford.edu/SID/activities/GreenSun.html

To be fair, it’s the atmosphere that makes the light from the sun yellow, but the effect is the same.

Our sun does not omit purely white light at our planet primarily. It’s actually not a peak in yellow either according to standford University, it’s actually green light that is the highest peak.

http://solar-center.stanford.edu/SID/activities/GreenSun.html

Isn’t science fun XD

So now we have established it’s not the sun, but the atmosphere that changes things colors. Now that you played catch up, we are now talking about the atmoshphere in shedu.

It changes black 100% of the time. Even on our little planet, black can be black outside. On shedu, there is no black.

And it was already stated the devs are working on that above :wink:

1 Like

@Fiffer13 Thanks, and now that we come full circle, the issues comes that I thought they already released that update.

Topic Closed.

1 Like

The point is the same. All objects reflect light because pure black doesn’t exist in nature.

2 Likes

I think part of what is confusing people here is what you’re calling black:

But, I think what you’re asking for is for these black tinted blocks to not be tinted by colored lights (aka only reflect the white component of any light source nearby, or globally)?

@nevir I mean honestly, the issue is that there is no actual shade of black on shedu. It does not reflect naturally, the whole block just changes colors. During the bright time of the day, its brown and during the dark time of the day its red. There is no gray, or darkness too it. It is 100% red or brown. Not a black looking block.

Black or not, the blocks do not appear to be black unless I cut off all sources of light… then everything is black even my screen.

I prefer night azure to the black in game, does it look better on that planet? Just curious

I believe if you entirely enclose the block in a building, the world lighting will not apply to it, and it’ll reflect only the color of whatever light sources nearby

We make use of this to great effect in 🌍 Worlds Warehouse—Raw Block Shop & Color Reference for example. It’s an underground build—Biitula’s sky colors would tint the blocks weird reddish colors otherwise (particularly around sunrise/sunset)

It does, but shouldn’t night azure, be more reflective then just black though? It turns blueish

Off topic and irrelevant, but i’m seriously impressed you guys have kept this going so long.:+1:

3 Likes

https://xkcd.com/386/ (on both sides, lol)

1 Like

Issue is, you cant use black outside of an enclosed space, example even if you cut off all outside sources, and use white light inside… You go outside and everything is brown/red.

Yeah, just trying to give suggestions for working around the world lighting, for now

Well, the blue hue in night azure would help balance out the red atmosphere tint in this case, which is what i thought it would do but I’m at work so i couldn’t test :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know and I appreciate it, honestly though I use black, for stone walls surrounding my house, so there is no way to prevent them from being brown/red.

If they wanted to keep both styles… black black, should be like the matte type black people were talking about and night azure, should be the one reflecting light… As it does it in a way, that seems natural. Black Black, is just not.

@nevir here, is a comparison encase you ever need to see the difference between the two.

Black Black is on the left, Night Azure on the right.

Also this was at night, when it should be the darkest.

This is probably the best debate we’ve had on the forum without devolving into middle school logic in a while. Kudos, all.

2 Likes