Flight Ability till World Reset?

Hi Everyone,

I’m currently in the Progress of Taking Shots of my and Others Builds and i’d like to ask if you could give us the Ability to fly (Just till the current Worlds will be taken down), to take like Droneshots?

Would be a really Cool Gimmick for the Last Days :wink:

3 Likes

totally agree

It doesn’t need to be just until now, I say limit it to within so meters or blocks of our plots so we can’t exploit running the world in flight mode. Then give us that ability always. We have to build towers and ladders and hanging blocks just to get good screenies. It would help a ton always.

flight in real world will not work… its not minecraft :wink: this is a REAL game!!!

@Raziels01 i 100% agree that we should be able to fly until the reset (How about it @james ?)

but how about a sweet comprimize? allow us a Drone recipe for main launch? sow e can not only take epic screenies without exploiting… but also… depending on weight/range and etc… it could pick up/collect certain resources per day/week (send it out into the world… tell it to collect X and it will bring back 5>ten of x per day???)

1 Like

Uhhh i like the Drone Idea, to get it into the Boundless Style we could have like Airballoons ;). They could use the Cuttletrunk AI for that :slight_smile:

that would be awesome for the husbandry/mob taming update!
having some kind of saddle device to equip a cuttle with and fly around your build :joy: I’d love that!

4 Likes

Cuttle Camera­™ :stuck_out_tongue:

See the world from the eyes of a Cuttletrunk, trained to follow your commands as it floats around your plotted area. Disclaimer: Cuttle Camera­™ is not responsible for any loss of life due to attempted placement on feral Cuttletrunks or other wild creatures.

5 Likes

Ohhh God, Imagine a Cuttletrunk Farm, you get back home and your 10+ Cuttles begin to chase you down to get some Quality Time… Cuteness Overload!

I would like to be able to tame and raise animals

Devs want to bring that (Like everything cool they announced) somewhen after Release

I can be patient. I plan to play for a long long time.

Me too, but i have a strange feeling, that updates may stagnate 3-6 Months after release and we don’t get that at all :slight_smile:

As long as they have a steady income stream, I think we will continue to get stuff. That is what will continue to draw new player and get veterans to continue to put money in. I would think we might get a slowdown for a bit after launch in new features while they make sure everything is working and balanced.

I meant flight mode being avaible for footage, or pics only, not all the time. Basically drones like you guys are all saying, but for after 1.0 as well.

yep my point for the drones was to be thought of and implemented at a later date… but as for flying when we need it how will it work? the devs cant follow us around all week waiting for us to say hey we take screen shot now - unless i am misunderstanding here?

Yea, maybe I completely didn’t say things right. Devs wouldn’t have anything to do with following us around.

I like the idea of giving us Some sort of Camera mode or flight mode so we can take pics or video ourselves moving around our builds. For social media purposes. No dev’s involved. But not just for now, like the original post mentioned, before 1.0. Why not at any time we want footage in the future and now, we click our drone button. Also if we limit the area to the immediate build, people won’t abuse the flight mode and fly all over the world mapping it easier than the walking we are suppose to do.

So I was agreeing with the post, but also asked for it to not just be for now before 1.0 only, and also advised a limit to area to help stop possible abuse.

because it could also e exploited… once you have free flight coded in… someone (gamers) could easily reverse engineer no-clipp… and that kind of stuff would break the game (ask any coder here)

unless they could code it so that nobody could do any actions apart from fly when they fly (cant do anything at all to alter the physical world…)

But that would take a lot to do especially a month ebfore launchas they are focussed on everything else

There was another thread somewhere where we talked about this and some way to offer higher visual ability and ways to take better recording of the game.

1 Like

Okaaay, the Ability to fly is in the Game, i have found the Entry for the Keyboard Settings in the English Language File and saw the Devs fly. So they hadn’t to implement anything that isn’t already there (Yeah that could be hacked, but its already there :stuck_out_tongue: )… And as long as its just free to public till the New Universe starts, you could do nothing that would stay ;)… I mean yeeeah, you could fly arround, loot stuff, be a ■■■■ in general, but after a few days its all gone :stuck_out_tongue: