Footfall not generating correctly

I think there may be an issue with beacons not recording footfall correctly since the last update.

I claimed the footfall at my beacon last night, about 8pm BST, which was about 1200c. When I logged on today there was no footfall. Usually my beacon will generate at least 1000c overnight, but can be higher.

I then realised that people had bought stuff in my shop since logging on and still there was no footfall.

The only thing I could think that had changed was that I had altered the new buffer setting on the beacon yesterday. So I changed it back to the default and the next time someone came through the beacon I received 200c.

However, since then, someone else came through and no footfall was generated.

Has anyone else noticed this happening?

2 Likes

I think so yes, I have turned off reservation on my illuminaughty mall beacon which generally generates around 1500c a day. I left it for about 10 hours before now which always had about 800 coins in it its reading an exact 0.

edit: I went checking when I saw this.

3 Likes

If you change the setting, does your beacon go into bridging mode? Wouldnā€™t know why but thatā€™s all I can think of.

1 Like

Iā€™m on PS4, can we see bridging mode? Iā€™m at Coinland on Finata.

Itā€™s a warning in the beacon menu if you interact with your beacon. Otherwise that spot reports the settlement itā€™s in if itā€™s not bridging. But takes something like 15 or 30 seconds to recalculate.

1 Like

Ok, itā€™s still showing as being part of Ultima City, so itā€™s not bridging?

I could come to your shop and see if it triggers footfall?

I just randomly collect footfall when I notice thereā€™s some in a beacon so I canā€™t help with that part.

I did notice yesterday that I had generated footfall on a beacon that was under 10k prestige, didnā€™t think that was supposed to happen.

1 Like

Mines not in bridging mode .

Iā€™m having a similar problem.
I sold a slingbow sometime between last night and today, but I havenā€™t gotten 1 coin worth of footfall

3 Likes

No, not bridging in that case. That would have been to easy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ll checkā€¦ probably disabling that buffer gives ā€˜everyoneā€™ the surveyor permissionā€¦ and people with permissions dont generate footfall!! Needs to distinguish ā€˜got surveyor permissionā€¦ but only because the buffer was disabledā€™

10 Likes

Youā€™re burning the lamps tonight!! Hats :tophat: off!!

Since my first week on the forum I have always appreciated your candor.

It would have never crossed my mind that this would be implemented/blanketed as ā€œpermissions on the beaconā€ and disable footfall at the build.

I assume the plan would be to do as you posted and allowing someone expressly (granting individual surveyor permissions) will still turn off footfall?

Iā€™m more inclined to just ignore surveyor permission entirely, since its not directly related to the beacon itselfā€¦

6 Likes

This would be my (and probably everyoneā€™s) preference as well. Sorry if the question was poorly worded, I was just looking for some additional clarity on that.

While youā€™re at it, can you also ignore guild alignment, which transfers no permissions.

Guild assignment is fine to remove footfall.

(I knowā€¦ but one can dream. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No need its is still 0 which already proves that footfall is broken, even if half the population left because of the new border policy this is almost impossible since I ve seen people wandering around the mall.

@lucadeltodecso dont overwork yourselves, think about no mans sky which turned out great in the end despite the problems it had in the early time of its exsistence theres always a population willing to return or come into a game that adresses its issues and grows its potential overtime. ; )

2 Likes

This is also affecting other beacons within the same settlement that still have buffers turned on.
An alt of my mine has 2 beacons within my home town. A busy one with buffers on and and a remote one with buffers off. (I can tell that itā€™s barely visited bc of pre-patch footfall values.)
But since I turned off buffers on the remote one the busy one is also getting 0 footfall since.

Edit: I can confirm the same happening with a different alt, with a similar setup but their remote beacon is at the other side of the town.

0 footfall for all of their beacons.

1 Like