Forge tools for new players

Don’t think I will ever sell them. I’m frequently pushing out 110-120 speed T7 sapphire hammers with no defects but its still JUST about fun to do it for myself, not to mention I’m not bothered if I do get a crit defect on a 120 hammer, whereas in shops people are far more particular. I wouldn’t fancy a bout of RNGesus hating me and having to fill shop stands every day.

1 Like

Very good points @ghandymarshall @AeneaGames @FireAngelDth ! We just imagined that a video would be more intuitive and visual for the new players to follow as Youtube was the first place where I tried to search for forging guides (when I didn’t know about the great guides and discussions that exist on this forum).

I do see your point that a written one would be much more efficient (now as an a bit over a month-old player). So yeah, why not do both. We’ll put them in words and add to this thread later.

Appreciate the feedback!

1 Like

Great method guys and it’s nice to see people actually using their intuition to find ways of getting what results they want out of the forge. I know myself and and another using this setup for making T6 diamond hammers as cheap as possible so think beyond just the titanium tools, this is a method that can be used to cut that market down to size :grimacing:

Thankyou for the mention dude… but I probably would of passed on the collaborate thing… making guides is something youshould do for the love of it and my passion for trying to pass on what I know to everyone has long since evaporated so I now just stick to helping friends in need out.

While, yes, it is nice to have a collected repository of all guides in one place I fully believe there are enough guides on forging for anyone to stumble across one of the many available here on the forums even by the most clumsy of searches. But if you were to have this method added to any forging tutorial I would instead seek out Vanstens Ultimate Forging Guide to Absolutely Anything as it is the encyclopaedia version of tutorials compared to my amateur notes on how I do it scribbled down in a hurry.

I personally wrote mine as a step by step initially thinking that would be the best way to get my information across and had many people then of course ask for it in a YouTube version… which I am a complete amateur at but I did attempt to provide. But then I was most surprised that there were still others that this wasnt enough for… as they found it difficult to learn from either a written or video tutorial and instead asked for practical 1 on 1 forging training.

1 Like

1 on 1 is my preferred way to teach as well.

1 Like