Forging - Am I imagining this?

Most likely I am…but… I seem to get more chances of RNG goodness forging 3 hammers at a time vs 4 or 5.

I mean on the first boon, getting damage. Seems like with 5 or 4 most times I get hard hitter. Coincidence, or conspiracy?

1 Like

You are most assuredly not just imagining that this is in fact not happening to you. A clear case of conspiridence if ever I saw one!

I personally have convinced myself that a dev watches forgers and based on your forum behavior they tend more towards the “give hard hitter repeatedly until forger screams” button than they do towards “give forger devastating damage and busy bee while special gum is active” button. This is most definitely a fact, I have evidence… but I lost it in the great Dub-T paint fire of 2020.

What I think is actually the case though… when you get hard hitter, you decon, you try again, you get hard hitter… etc, etc. When you successfully get the boon you are targeting however… you simply carry on forging. I believe the technical term for this phenomenon is a “conspiridence” so I stand by my initial statement and suggest you ask for a refund from whoever it was that sold you the faulty centraforge and most definitely complain in writing to your gum/compound supplier as all the provided evidence proves without any doubt that he is watering them down .

10 Likes

Well @econodog sold me the forge…and he did look a bit shifty at the time…

The gum compound I make myself, and I am rather cheap and have a lot of marble to pay for on any given day. Perhaps my sub-conscious is watering them down. I should switch back to genuine @Sujimichi88 products instead of my inferior knockoffs.

Lastly, I am going to use “conspiridence” today during work as much as possible.

2 Likes

You may want to check the label on the bottle, there is a good chance that you accidentally mixed a few of your remaining Sujis Lite Corrupting Compound 1 in with your own batch. I have zero evidence to support this claim, but you all saw the fire… that most definitely was not an insurance claim fire… most definitely not. :roll_eyes:

Good luck with remaining in paid employment today.

3 Likes

Actually we have a full on nutter here. Like talks about how drones target him with lightning bolts, deep state, deep state blah blah. Now it just means we will have a common vernacular.

3 Likes

Yess!!! lmao! Make it a Thing!

2 Likes

Oh I have already done this once, I’m sorry but I will not do it again just for your amusement!! :smirk:

This does make a great back story for my new factory though!

2 Likes

Annual Dub-T paint fires!!!

1 Like

Speaking of forging @wakeNbake stop slacking and make more fast hammers :joy:

1 Like

Always remember if having a bad path of RNG. Then kill yourself and try again :kissing_heart:

1 Like

This is my new favorite thread.

Is there a specific ritual death like Joe and the Volcano or will any old death do?

Our settlement is surrounded in a dome, so I just fall from the top. Though a sacrifice sometimes must be a ritual! Mega fast brew and full speed into stairs!!!

3 Likes

Got it, death by toe stubbing fixes bad RNG. There goes all of my forgers experience.

2 Likes

We all know when James is not responding to plotting complaints, he is doing exactly that.

I trick him by having 2 forges right next to each other. I use the first one and cook bad batches as he watches it then i turn my neck slightly to the other forge and cook good batches. Most of the time he doesnt realize it.

5 Likes