Forging AOE

I love the forging system, and I know there is a lot of back and forth about the RNG problems with it. There are ways to mitigate some of the RNG problems by playing around with different methods of forging so I do not view this as a bad thing.

My only real problem is that the rank 5 AOE for tools is completely undesirable. I have to work hard NOT to max that skill when forging an AOE tool. Rank 5 should be what you want on a tool, not something that turns your hard work into garbage. Going from rank 4 to 5 in the AOE category ruins the item. All the lower level of AOE are good, that last one is just awful. Can we make rank 5 do a higher damage than rank 4 and hit the 3x3 instead? Or how about having a chance to lose no durability on each hit while doing 3x3 with rank 5 AOE?

1 Like

Yea this is a common argument we all have. Rank 5 needs to be removed or improved somehow. For now I just try to raise the aoe as my last boon of the 3 i get

1 Like

Yeah it should be fixed as it is brokenly bad. Not sure why it hasn’t been addressed yet. Every other AOE hit makes a path you can walk through…except the max rank. Can you imagine not wanting max rank on devistating damage, Long Range, Durability, etc? No, so why do we have to put up with that on AOE?

My first time making a rank 5 AOE hammer I was completely unaware of this defect and was so excited that I had rank 5 AOE along with high damage and durability…until I saw what it actually did. I shut off the game and didn’t touch it for a week I was so disgusted. This is not a positive thing for a game to have.

Just throw in a boon removal solvent and it will bring your AOE 5 back down to AOE 4

1 Like