Forging Balance Changes on Testing

AND some people think the dev’s are inactive, and this is a money grab. I love you guys. your the most active responsive dev team on any game I’ve ever played. and I am 47 years old, and played games my whole life.

Awesome changes to the system.I have a feeling there will be little changes needed to this. Because, for one, you guys made this game, and know it inside and out, and 2 your very smart and actually read all the data and actually tally up everyone’s opinions. So to all those out there thinking this game is dead or even could die,suck on yet another awesome response to player feedback.

6 Likes

Are you adding fungus to tier 3 planets? Cant wait to shovel them . Lol.

Very balanced update to the forgeing at first glance. You also did an excellent job in presenting this testing update. Keep these threads at this level and it will go a long way in quieting the naysayers.

Are there any plans to entice new players to enter the game. I would love to see more people playing again.

2 Likes

Because it kills you on live :stuck_out_tongue: . You could troll a friend with tools like these.

Did bouncy get fixed on Test?

IIRC it didn’t offer any protection before & caused dmg. Maybe I’m misremembering another defect though.

Teaching mid game players ways to kill themselves is a good thing I guess. :grinning:

2 Likes

Agreed. Everything but the Draining Boon changes are good. I feel that always having Quirks balances it enough.

Edit: I’m curious. It’s possible to get over 100% efficiency on even gem tools with a Forging build and max Coils? Because that’s a big deal honestly.

1 Like
  • Forging Epic now grants 4 additional Centraforge slots in the ingredient deck, up from 2. I’m going to break forging again lol. Been so long since I was this excited for a boundless update (I always enjoyed seeing where the game was going but this update actually had me go into the test server for the first time ever)
1 Like

I am 100% for these changes no spitter eyes yay the darn things never wanted to give you there eyes anyway killed tons of them and no eyes, wildstock will give my eyes for days though

Yes, I was getting around 780 Boon points from a 400pt Boon 3 on a Ruby Hammer IIRC.

1 Like

Yeah now the only way of forging previously will be as useless as all the others.

Or, if you look at it a bit more neutral, the previously OP way of forging is now on par with others, leaving you with relatively similar options to choose from.

The nice thing about this test setup is exactly that - if it sounds to you like they are ruining your fun, hop on the test server and come run a few scenarios. See what you can get done using all the methods, and please report back if you cant find a single route thats easier / better than any other.

I actually think that might be what they are going for when they say “balance”. Also, every tester help ensure that actual balance is achieved so if you feel strongly about what you’ve read it would be even more useful to test and bring some results!

2 Likes

I don’t get how people can still view these changes as negative. Hell im pretty certain I’m going to hit close to 30% better yields with the way the quirk system has been tweaked.

Edit:

And holy crapola I forgot earlier to comment how stoked I am about the sinking feeling quirk. I. Am. So. Happy!!!

2 Likes

I just went onto Test and tried it out.

Yes, gem tools get up to 200% effectiveness (the new max for all tools). Pure boon gives 800 pts in that environment.

@rossstephens

Could you please improve AOE 5 in this forging fix?

Right now, you need AOE 4 + Damage 8 to 1 hit on T6. That is very hard to get to (all my hammers failed) in the new system. Could AOE 5 just be full damage 3x3 AOE?

Starting a poll to see what people think:

• AOE 5 buff should give Max Damage 3x3 AOE
  • AOE 5 buff should stay the way it is
  • Other…

0 voters

8 Likes

Very nice changes guys. Very glad quirks are no longer punishments. Also nice we get 2 more slots. But now we also need a way to tell time

3 Likes

So AoE5 and Damage 10 one shots the entire universe?

4 Likes

I’m super stoked for these changes, just the efficiency is so major. You guys can keep the draining/vigor catalyst route I’m looking at high efficiency low return compounds for cheaper forging all around. And easier ingredients. Amazing. Super excited to check out all these changes and do some really intense breaking of everything I touch on testing.

Fantastic write up, and fantastic testing changes guys. I can’t even conjure up a thing I’m not looking forward to messing with on this list. Soo many quirks I’m gonna be trying to get.

As a question @rossstephens is there any way to target the quirks? Do they follow in any way what the gums buff? Or are they purely random (havent really paid too much attention to that myself)

Also many thanks for taking the long route on this one. Amazing way to handle what many are conflicted on. You guys are great!

2 Likes

Or instead of max damage 3x3 aoe, possj9even 80% or so. That way only a damage of 4 ish would be sufficient for t6.

5 Likes

purely random but there are quirk removals/transmutes

I already have a few methods that are going to make some really nice tools, but I wish I could test them on the testing server, too bad I’m a PS4 player lol

4 Likes

Just saying man, a lot of the comments are overwhelmingly positive and you come in here with the “well we’re just not going to play your game unless you make it exactly how I want to play it”

You might want to reconsider your position.

1 Like