Forging feedback

Absolutely! These are very possible to do. Learning to do them will forge a heck of a forger too. If you want practice @Mayumichi wrote a simulator. So you can try for free too!

1 Like

Yeah, been there!!! I love that I think I had like 24 gums and still got a rando once. After your commited to a 200-300 round forge thats a real ball buster too!

1 Like

I’ll be diving into some lucient forging soon. Mostly because i finally have a few of the tools and I want to play around forging them. I know I had some fun with wayfarer’s around the time of the forging rebalance (can’t remember if it was right before or after the rebalance), so I’ve been looking forward to seeing what I can do with these

1 Like

I know people get frusterated with forging. But you CAN do this. And I LOVE it. If you can figure out this stuff there is some real pride, and if you can do it you honestly belong to strong group. I greatly respect anybody that can do the kind of stuff shown in these pictures. wakeNbake was a real champ publishing his process too.

So, sorry for my “down’n’out” here… I used to offer people lessons, but nobody would actually show up. I didn’t want to just give answers but get people to puzzle some stuff out. And it seemed nobody was interested in that. Except 1 person, and that person used to auction grapples like that like daily. Perhaps times have changed???

Here is a bow I forged. For you forgers out there, notice that there are 3 diff boon types. I did not use boon transmutes to get these, as for slingbows the chances to score a specific boon are very very low.
Note that it is only a 460, these boons dont max out to +100 each (100/90/90). But I’m more proud of this one than my other “480” ones. I cant recall the rounds, but I know I got at least one 480 Rank under 200 rounds. I was proud of that too.

PLEASE NOTE: the damage on this includes an augment and I thiiiink a brew. I believe I was trying to see what a max rift shotgun would do…

Also had a setup to make stuff on this order for about 15kc for a friend.

3 Likes

I think so, I know I could “theoretically” do 2x “2 gum” grapples. But I doubt rng would have ever actually let me get there…

1 Like

I was getting ready to ask where do you sell these mythical tools of the Gods…dang it x_x

1 Like

Do you want one?

I would love one of the hammers :grin:

1 Like

I wanted to do this too… but as you said very few people were interested. Honestly I had so much fun puzzling out the method that worked for me, hours of entertainment, including a lot of time while at work on Mays Forge Simulator, lol.

But in the end I got sick of teaching it as well as forging them so I went ahead and typed up the guide so I could send anyone who requested to it.

2 Likes

I will take a hammer too just to toss my hat in the pot :grin:

1 Like

Well truthfully I’d want a crazy grapple I can die by every swing lol

1 Like

… um… whats the word… camaraderie. Yeah! That’s it! :stuck_out_tongue:

@majorvex Sure, np… by any chance do you happen to have a rift Hammer blank? I actually do not at the moment…

1 Like

Lemme check, if not, I will find one

Okee Dokee. Warning, I’m a bit behind in some RL stuff do to some extensive surprise Boundless projects, but I can prob get to this on the weekend. is that ok?

1 Like

Anytime is great. I appreciate it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
(My forger hasn’t been in the game lately anymore :pensive:)

Do you have a basket for hammers or where would you like me to drop it off?

Oh boy… I can set up a basket, or you could give it to BruceBanner or the Kaoses or Mayu or XxymoxX or Trip… whatever is most convenient for you :laughing:

PS: thank you for the petrolim that one time

1 Like

As I’m yelling at the forge right now, this post was super inspirational. Thanks!

3 Likes

I would prefer to drop it in a basket, if that’s ok :slightly_smiling_face:

Can I give you some trophies, eyes, or sacks to help?

personally i love this sort of thing (hell i spent 1900 hrs in FF14:ARR just crafting lol)

1 Like

This game is FILLED with geniuses. Seriously, you guys can do this!!!