Forging Idea

2 Likes

I mean the game is Rated 10+ up

Forging is Rated for M
Mama had to wash my mouth with soupy cause of the forging Ughhhh

8 Likes

Quick idea I had to change things a bit. For the Centraforge, instead of having power as it is, you could craft Boon coils. these are hard items to craft, but once you have one on your machine you can create that boon each time… Perhaps the same for other ingredients, and you build your Centraforge deck with a set of coils. People share their coil setups to produce certain tools.

You could have the starting coils easy to craft (regeneration, looting) then harder ones hidden behind needing some lucients to craft the coils.

Forging needs to be redone. A quick fix for now (at least for me) would be Increase Deconstruction Resin 3 to 100% With this you would at least not throw away all your hard earned mats while battling the RNG :unamused:

7 Likes

Another suggestion, inspired by https://www.twitch.tv/fortunist1 .

The centraforge has a list of each boon that you can select from, each has its own ingredients to create, with more to get to higher boon levels. You select the boons you want to add, and at what level, and the game gives you an objective to collect all the ingredients needed. Then you go back to the centraforge and craft the exact item you want.

To add a small amount of RNG and and also some progression you could have to roll for each boon level (using the ingredients you have collected for each level) and the machine also rolls over adding quirk or defect points. This could be controlled by the base machine adding between 100-200 of each, with coils lowering the amount added to 0-10/0-100 etc, each roll.

Pretty much how I craft most anything. I seldom waste mats, but as @Grimdian stated, they could make decon 4 and have it return 100%.

This video guide @Jiivita created may not be the best way to craft, but it has proven to be the most consistent for higher tiered tools, at least for me. I use this and while there is a bit of RNG especially rolling the first boon as you really want to roll the hardest boon first then once that one is rolled the other two aren’t near as difficult. You could also use a boon transmute one or twice without much consequence. Pretty much key though to stack more vigour and stability.

Sorry, but as any forger that sells tools will likely tell you, this is not a viable strategy for that. You’ll want to employ a strategy like this one: https://youtu.be/SbffiYJ_6-s to craft 9 tools at a time.

2 Likes

It’s not a good solution (but I’d argue it’s better than no change), but what if they just removed vigour and stability?

People with skill and knowledge can do it far cheaper (and so retaining their place in the game and scope for a market for forged tools), and people who aren’t as good can still put in the extra resources to get the same results if they can’t find a vendor selling what they’re after, or if they’re just those weird loners who refuse to/don’t know about buying tools and enjoy doing it all themselves?

Agreed this is much more viable to make 9 at a time and I tend to use a method similar for that. I don’t mass create tools at most I just do 3 at a time, but I also don’t sell them so I can understand.

I wish the devs would be present enough and open enough to let us rebalance this. I believe that just (liberally) tweaking the numbers on the existing system, we could get something much more fun. We would just need access to the code for the system, or just a spreadsheet of the numbers if they want to do the code work.

3 Likes

I think making forging easier may have the negative effect…
It’ll drop prices, if it drops then there is less profit then there is even less forgers willing to sell it.

I think having the prices go up will attract more forgers… assuming enough like and are able to begin with.

So…
come buy my expensive t1 hammers, starting at 6k, 3x3 +40 speed topaz
Dazzle @ …/tnt/gleam queen - crossing mall - first shop on the right/upstairs in the shop/to the left wall.

I only stock as rng and capital allows.

/end plug…

1 Like

The devs were talking about doing something with machines/crafting (IIRC). I’m not sure if they were planning to add it to the delayed update. I say delayed bc it appears they are present off & on almost daily, monitoring or working on things. I also noticed some steam files were updated recently. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

If it’s easier to make, you can make more of them faster, so you can make your profit on volume and/or use your time doing something else. If the profit is too low, fewer people will forge, which will raise the price due to lower supply. Additionally, the price also gets modified by the “I’ll make my own” factor, which probably puts a sort of soft ceiling on the price.

1 Like

I always thought that if you have something forged then you should be able to repair it.

That way you don’t lose a good thing. People would forge some truly great items then sell them for high coin amounts. To have them repaired you could do it yourself for x amount of coin or resources (or both) OR you could go back to the original forger and have it done for like 1/2 the cost but it would all go back to them.

Just a concept, might need some tweaks, but you get the idea.

2 Likes

So can everyone else… thus the issue. It would be like earthyams and sit in a shop stand and rot.

If its easy to craft people will just craft it and not buy it. I know I would, but maybe Im in the minority.

Like concrete? :fire:

1 Like

Almost a good example … granted … not everyone wants or needs concrete. Most everyone needs a hammer…

Edit: And concrete is pretty cheap really because it is easy to make and if I am honest it doesn’t sell all that well. A better example might be marble or mosaic which is a bit more difficult thus cost is greater. Someone did however come clean me out of a bunch of white patterned concrete.

Might be easier to forge a lucent tool than finding a certain color of block, too.

If I have all the ingredients, I’m making my concrete. I do have all the ingredients, and honestly I’d rather buy a forged hammer.

I kept a solid business for over two years of low level forges that fall between niches. They’re easy to forge so “real forgers” don’t stack or stock a lot of them, but people who don’t forge at all still want a bunch of them.

All the chisel types, occasional buff bombs, TONS of regen bombs, door spanners, etc … utility stuff.

It’s still really grindy, and the RNG makes it miserable. But if you’re one who thinks that’s fun then there is solid demand for those items. Because honestly it’s all the drawbacks of “high end” forging, but none of the excitement just “yay another 9 transform chisels” .

3 Likes

What I’m going to suggest for a QoL and making forging just that ever so slightly more new player friendly.

Add a Resin slot off to the side. You always need a setting resin, and this gives everyone 1 extra slot when forging even without skills.

Second thing I’d do. Add a second resin slot when you take the Forging Epic. This makes it so you can have a Deconstruction resin off to the side and not taking up space in your deck. Simply adding two slots to the current “maxed” deck would also suffice, but I think special resin slots make more sense imo.

The third thing I’d do is to add 3 Food and/or Brew that increases your base Vitality, power, or intelligence. could be by as little as 10 points, this could allow us to stack a little extra oomph in our forging but at a “continual cost” for doing so.

Those 2 or 3 changes I think would make Forging more accessible to newer players, and at the same time keep the skill cap at a high level so demand for masters remain.

1 Like

Definitely agree with this. In Minecraft even a 10 yr old can easily enchant stuff